Pixey

Pixey's Gallery ~ Faberge @MJW ~ 10/19/19 ~

I love pear drops ... the proper ones from old fashioned sweet shops that taste like nail varnish and take your breath away ... and I love your pear drops ... the same effect of taking the breath away.    Not that I was licking the screen or anything ... 

Very glassy

• Like 1

Pixey  I am amazed by this work. The lines, color, "flow" of the piece, the reflection pattern of the gems, the engraving so subtle but so integral to the whole look of the piece. Then the soft background patterning repeating the forms back into the picture.  You have done a great one here.  Oh and I like it too.

• Like 1

@welshblue :D:D - I was laughing like a silly little girl imagining you licking your monitor smileys-angstlich-581855.gif   Many thank for the kind words too :).

Thank you very much @Scooter :D You are very kind, as always ;)

After some playing around with @MadJik'sPlugins.

Crab_Broach.png

~ Clickable~

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 27/09/2017 at 7:47 PM, Pixey said:

I was laughing like a silly little girl imagining you licking your monitor

I can tell ye now ... I'm not licking no monitor with crabs around ;)

Glossy, Glassy and very Classy as befits the Queen of PDN.  I'm trying to imagine it in another colour but can't think of one that would suit it so well.

Really nice job

... just one thing, and it'll drive me nuts if I don't say ... double O not OA ... :EraserTool:

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

Since you broached the subject @welshblue - I stand corrected :happeh:.  I knew when I typed it - that didn't seem right.  Glad you like the brooch :D

Nice word play there ... :D

Sorry, but I'm a bit of a spelling Nazi.  Part of the OCD I developed after my battle with illness.

By the way I meant to say, what a great background ... really fitting

• Like 1

Very beautiful brooch @Pixey!   So crystalline and delicate-looking.   <3   I like it very much! 

(When are you opening your jewelry store?  And perfume shop?)   :D        (give rep when I can...I'm always running out!)

• Like 1

@Pixey you keep surprising me! Your brooch is beautiful! The colors and textures are perfect. I agree, the background just sets it off.

• Like 1

@lynxster4 @LionsDragon @Seerose and @Woodsy Thanks y'all for the super comments :D soooooo glad you liked the broooooch :D.

Ahhh - yes - the background!  I don't think there will ever be a time when I find that part of making them - easy :/.  It's always a challenge :devlish:

4 minutes ago, Pixey said:

It's always a challenge

You won't feel the same satisfaction without one ;)

Some @MadJik Plugins + Shape 3D and a lot of Polar ;).

XVyiYwD.png

~ Please Click for larger ~         

Edited by Pixey
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Oh...so lovely!  <3   I would definitely buy that!   Exquisite detailing.  You did great on the lamp shade.   :)

• Like 1

Thank you @lynxster4 - actually hubby helped me a bit with the lamp shade - suggesting a few things, like size and color ;)(He is useful after all :biggrin:)

@Seerose I'm so pleased you like it :).  Thank you.

@Woodsy Many thanks :coffee:  Yes, it does look a bit like those glassy lamp shades from another era.  Hope your Mom didn't break it :grin:.

@LionsDragon Thank you so much :D.  That boudoir  boutique is getting a bit crowded :lol:.

I'm so pleased you like this @barbieq25 :D.

@MadJik Thank you very much.  Your words made me laugh, as I very nearly called the piece "Let there be light". :lol:

@Eli Merci for the Rep - so kind of you smileys-kuschel-394144.gif

Funnily I've got a lamp on the go ... not as bright as yours ... Polar inversion can give such great results in the right hands, as shown above.  Great choice of setting to ermmm set it off.  Another masterpiece

• Like 1