Pixey

Pixey's Gallery ~ Eau de Parfum ~

Flower Power.  Love the paperweight ... wouldn't want to drop that on my foot =O  Not sure how exactly you made the flowers, but nice to see tuts being improv'ed (as in improvisation not improved ... don't want Lynxster' chucking that glass ball at my head)  They're very effective.

As is the manipulation on the rose.  Shimmery

• Like 1

Many thank you's @welshblue :D.  I think I used the Fish Eye Plugin on the flowers.  A lot of times I can't recall how I did things ....... much to my annoyance :blank:

Something a little different for a change.  It's all made in Paint.net and was 145 layers.  I was glad finally to flatten it :lol:.

The_Journey.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

I'm surprised @Pixey! It's not your style. Maybe that's why I'm impressed.

(You know what I mean!)

Edited by Woodsy
  • Like 1

Nice job.  It's got a grunge/ steampunk look going on that really adds to the overall look.  The light at the end of the tunnel ... 

My brain can't cope with more than 50 layers now, so for large images I break it down into 50 layers per file and and then add them together ... but then you're most probably more organised than me and name all layers :D

• Like 1

:lol:@Woodsy - Yes, I totally know what you mean - glad you liked it :D

@MadJik - Ha, ha!  I wondered who would notice the squirrel and I never once thought it would be you :lol:

@lynxster4 - thank you.  Funnily enough my husband was fascinated watching it come together and I was surprised he liked it.  ( He also gave lots of advice, especially about the ballast which he said should not have been round - I used clouds.)

@Maximilian Thank you for stopping by to comment - it's much appreciated :D

@Seerose Many thanks for that.  Yes, far too many layers :fear:

@welshblue Thanks a bunch :).  I am never going to do that many layers again.  Yup - I did name them.  I get scared to merge down too soon, in case I need to add something that I may have forgotten :roll:.

Many thanks @BlastWave :D

@Pixey I love the rusty look the metal has. It's gives the feel that it's an old, steam train. Plus, I like the textures all over the piece, especially the ones for snow and the tree that seems to have leaves. Gorgeous! :]

• Like 1

Thanks a lot @Beta0 :)  As has been mentioned, it's not my usual style, but I'd seen some wall art like this and wanted to try it out in PDN ;)

Keeping myself busy - a few balls on a plate :lol:

Let_it_Shine.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

That's where they went.  I knew I'd lost mine :D

Very pwetty.  Awesome colours ... the plate is a triumph with the reflections but the way you've done the shadow is what pulls it all together for me

Not so sure about the rays but that's neither here nor there on a great image

• Like 1

Many thanks @lynxster4 I got the urge for glossy the other day ;).

@Woodsy Gee ...... I don't think anyone has said that to me before - and I thank you :lol:

@welshblue Glad you liked it.  I do agree about the rays .......... but it looked a tad bare without something in the BG.  Those damn BG's are so difficult to decide upon :grin:

@Beta0 Thank you so much - jaw breakers ........ I like that :)

@barbieq25 Many thanks.  I was definitely in the mood for pink and red and purple, silver and gold :mrviolet:

@Seerose You are too, too kind to me :D.  Thank you very much <3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Those damn BG's are so difficult to decide upon

That is so true.  I'm sure I spend as much time if not more on backgrounds because they can make or break.

I had a happy discovery today when I was writing a tut' and a lil' experiment yielded a a really nice background texture method, that hopefully some will find useful in the future