How to make A4 size default

Niko S

Hi im new to paint.Net. I've only used it for a few months and yes i LOVE it i even use it for assessments. but is there a way to set the a4 canvas size to my default because it really bugs me that i need to change it when i realize my images are too big.

I understand how if A4 is your standard size paper you would want to change the default, but it would seem simpler to just change the canvas size before you begin a project. Click on Image>Canvas Size and choose centimeters for the Print Size. I think A4 is 297 x 210 mm so enter 29.7 and 21.0. The resolution will appear to change, but is actually only adjusting to the smaller size of the centimeter.

Which OS are you using? If you are using Win7 you could do like me and make templates for the different sizes you use most, then pin them to PDN`s jump list . You then just have to right click on the icon , click on the size template you want and Voila! It`s there ready for you to start working without having to make any changes to the default canvas. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN