Coloring my warrior.. I drew the outline

AhmedElyamani

Hello,

okay s i've drawn this okay warrior , it's still a rough sketch , but as i said before , i suck at coloring!

This is the warrior so far

This is a mini image of him (which i drew and could color easily) :

WodCharacter_older-1.png

Here is the outline of the full warrior (which i drew but i can't color it , note that i put colors just as place holders)

th_Worrior_Outline.png

The coloring style should go with the hair in the same picture (i drew and colored that hair as well) , the coloring style should be perfect if like this (This image is not drawn by me):

th_GSD.png

I need Your tips-tuts , please . cough **Aislin** cough .

Thanks in advance!

Ahmed

Basically, you need a few layers on which you draw shadows and highlights.

It may help if you start by making a customized color palette.

Some of the lines you have in your outline (ex: his abs) need to be turned into shadows.

That's all I've got :/ I hope someone with more knowledge in this category comes by and helps! cough **Aslin** cough

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Basically, you need a few layers on which you draw shadows and highlights.

It may help if you start by making a customized color palette.

Some of the lines you have in your outline (ex: his abs) need to be turned into shadows.

That's all I've got :/ I hope someone with more knowledge in this category comes by and helps! cough **Aslin** cough

Well, thanks a lot! that's what i was trying to do , i was creating layer and putting the dark color , then dublicating it , then running Median to make it smaller then runner Curves to make it lighter , an so on for some times , and then i run guassian blur ... This technique gave him some good looking arms and chest , however , his stomach mussels needs some more work that i can't achive :(

Here is the result so far : (clickable image) th_Worrior_Outline-1.png

I counted at least 6 different shades for the skin tones in the example of the style you want, so it might be a good idea to keep that in mind when choosing your color palette. Also, be sure to keep different parts (ie face color, face shading, shirt detail...) in separate layers. It will make it easier to change them if you need to and will let you apply any color adjustments to individual pieces without a lot of hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ahmed,with the outlines you got a good start to paint.the palette is very importent to use everytime the same color without to loose a good one.you can change a color only with making them more invisible,for example if i wanna make shadows i start with a visibility of the color of 2 and make them step by step visible.normaly i using the colors between 2 and 30 everytime step by step.my type to paint need a lot time but it is handmade,like with a real brush.i dont know if it help you but it is my type to paint here:).