How to disable automatic features?

Greetings. First time posting here, so excuse me if this is a blatantly obvious question.

As most of you probably know, if you take a screenshot or attempt to paste an image larger than the canvas preset, you get a popup saying so, and it gives you the choice of either discarding it, or enlarging the canvas to the appropriate size. Which is quite useful, but also annoying as hell if you're like me, and use Paint.NET for saving a horrendous amount of screenshots.

SFrQs.png

You basically have to click "Expand canvas" every single time you paste a screenshot larger than the canvas. Sure, open a canvas that size, etc etc, but I'm looking for a permanent solution which would allow you to use the "Expand" choice AUTOMATICALLY, by default, without a popup. On that note, here's another annoying thing. Whenever I open images, crop out something, open a new one, paste it there, save it, etc, I usually have tons of unsaved images which I no longer need. I just want to exit the whole thing altogether without any save popups, etc. Like you would do in MSPaint. Open a canvas, paste in something, save it or don't, exit, the program closes nice and fine. My problem is:

UlSNA.png

This. I don't want to save every single image separately, because I no longer need them. Neither do I want to manually click each and every single one and tell it not to save, nor do I want to click "Don't Save" every time I exit. This may seem like pointless bitching, but trust me, it really gets on your nerves when you're using the program literally hundreds of times per day.

So, is there any way to disable these popups and define an "automatic" feature, to simply close and enlarge under any circumstances? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Learn the keyboard shortcuts. Even buttons in a dialog box like those will have access keys which you can see by pressing Alt. It really makes everything quicker.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hi SirQuill,

Welcome to the forum!

For your first issue, see the menu item Edit | Paste in to a New Image (Ctrl + Alt + V). See here: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/EditMenu.html

Once your screenshot is captured, this three key combination creates a new image the same size as the clipboard and pastes the contents of the clipboard into the single layered image. Hence there is no dialog prompting you to resize or keep the same canvas size. This little piece of magic is essential for those screenshots boltbait.wink.png