Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

That's pretty cool @Drydareelin!  :star:  That's the asteroid object in the Kuiper belt that New Horizons just took images of.

Excellent artist's impression!     Well done!    😉

Isn't that @lynxster4 a smarty pants :lol: I've never even heard of a Kuipa belt 😂 now I just learned something new!

What a great piece @Drydareelin it looks like it's giving birth.  Wow 😱

Have missed you on here and hope you will stay a while 😘 and I hope you are enjoying your new job.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey The Kuiper Belt is a bunch of space objects beyond Pluto :) I also never left, just browsing whenever I had a some free time. New job is going well also, I'm a satellite engineer so as you can imagine it is right up my alley. Thank you!

@Seerose Thank you :) It's not as colourful as my others, but I was going for more of a realistic approach this time round.

@welshblue Well in that case this would be one hell of a hernia, might have to ask NASA on that one. Thank you!

@Woodsy This object way too small to be planets, I think it was clocked in at 19 miles (according to wikipedia). They couldn't even indentify it with telescopes on earth, they had to use hubble. Thank you, it's going well so far!

• 2 weeks later...

@LionsDragon I could've sworn I replied to this 😶 Apologies!

I loved his song, put a lot of things into perspective! Also thank you :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

New image, 'Cosmic Wanderer', on the first page. Let me know any thoughts you lot have on it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WOW!  Looks like something Hubble would have taken!  <3

The intensity of the stars really comes through (even though they're millions of miles away).

Love the 'cosmic space dust'.  Great job @Drydareelin!  :)  :star:

• Like 1

Your latest space image is wonderful. It speaks of the vastness of the universe & its beauty & yet while I feel lonely for the planet wandering, the image gives the feeling that it is a happy wanderer. Really lovely!

• Like 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Seerose Thank you :)

@barbieq25 I was trying to get the feeling of being on that planet..without actually being on the planet. Thank you :)

@JulioCoolio Exactly the feeling I was going for! Thank you!

------------------------

So everyone can see why I made the wallpaper the way it is, here it is overlayed on my phone's model. The dark corner hides the camera cutout.

NQaSUUf.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

To Woodsy and Seerose, I could have sworn I replied to you all those months ago but I did it on my phone so it probably got lost in the realm of low signal.

New picture on the front page, The Observatory.

It has been a while but I finally got the motivation (and time) to sit down and have a crack at a picture. Let me know any thoughts you have.

Have a good christmas everyone :)

• Like 3

Love that @Drydareelin!  :star:  It has a cold and remote feeling to it...the iciness of space.

Great capture!  Merry Christmas to you and yours!  🎄

Hello @Drydareelin  and a Merry Christmas smileys-weihnachten-396391.gif 

Wow!  The Observatory is spectacular ❤️ you have really captured what I imagine it must be like up there.  The "dust" is very authentic and the colors are so beautiful.  Love it :)

BTW - you may have missed the announcement, but @Woodsy passed away in November :(

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.