Sign in to follow this  
Drydareelin

Drydareelin's gallery [28/04/19 update] - 'Cosmic Wanderer'

Love the texture on that biggest planet and the way you've used motion blur with the comets but hate the jaggies on that lowest planet (meteor ?)

A very nicely constructed image with a great atmosphere

I have to count you in as one of my favorite spacescapists. "Awaiting the Eclipse" is incredible. The way everything is seamless is perfect. There seems to be a number 17 in there, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. ;)

There seems to be a number 17 in there, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. ;)

There is and it detracts from the over all image IMO

Plus the main planet seems awfully 'bumpy' ?

Usually I agree with BarbieQ' ...

There is and it detracts from the over all image IMO

Plus the main planet seems awfully 'bumpy' ?

Usually I agree with BarbieQ' ...

Okay, thank you for the nice comments but I need to clear a few things; this was a 1-off for a speed art competition where you had to hide '17' in it somewhere (fairly unnoticeable). It isn't any special in my eyes, took 45 mins to be fair...

The comments really surprised me personally.

I have ideas for a more 'original' spacescape. Once I get that done (whenever it will be), I will just leave this as an extra. So basically, this is temporary.

Oh, and I really need to practice on my close-up planets :L The texture was 5000x5000 px, and it still looked blurry once I shrunk it down to size.

Hope this clears a few things up :)

@Helen: Thank you :D you always comment on my stuff, it really does keep me going :)

@Barbieq25: I'll be surprised is I ever make a piece which is Galleria-worthy o.O

Damn, I was grumpy earlier.

I still meant what I said but wish I'd phrased it differently

I've only commented in your gallery almost double digits and I think your work is better than that. Personally I don't think it's Galleria material but there's a couple of yours that could be. Alone springs to mind

Dryda, sometimes an image stirs something in us & it might not be the most polished work we have ever done. I cannot see the 17 but there is something in the image that spins my wheels nonetheless. :)

Welshy & I not agreeing - now that is new :P

Hi Drydareelin,

Nice new one (exhibitA) - love the dark figure looking at the scene - not sure about the rectangular reflections? - but since I couldn't produce a spacescape this good, I'm not in a position to criticize :)

Great scacescapes and landscapes generally!

I don't think you're bumping when you have added something new - how else are we to know there is more to see?

@Red ocher: Thanks :D The reflections are just the give it more depth, as in it gives the impression there is something behind the figure also.

@Yellowman: Thank ^_^

Random Update: I subtly edited my most recent image a bit. If you can't see the changes, don't worry :P

Oh my gosh! That is so neat! The highlight on the silhouette is nicely done. I really like the background--the mixes of colors and space texture is fantastic!

Exhibit A ... very nice. Love how you've put it all together. Very atmospheric

Your latest ... WOW. Beautiful. A very thoughtful piece (if you know what I mean ?)

Ok I didn't visit here again yesterday because I needed to do college work. 2 hours planning of Physics is not fun.

Anyway, thank you all :D My latest was really was quick, but got more of a reaction than I thought.

I'll say individual thanks also;

@Barbie25: Thank you for all your comments on my stuff :) they really do help

@Helen: Thank you very much ^^ I am contemplating whether to put it on DeviantArt

@Rofroller: Why thank you :) Space seems to be the only think I am semi-confident at currently :P

@Welshblue: I know exactly what you mean; and thank you! :D

Yes, I agree with the others. The latest one is magical and I love the texture of the sky. A lovely piece :)