Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

About In the Wake of the Giant...

It seems like it has potential for a movie poster or a CD label. Who knows? *shrugs*

Very sharp textures. Different colors and sizes in stars. I like it. :)

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Goonfella: Thank you :) That is, in fact, me. I got my brother to make a photo of me against a white wall. I've done this before and, well, It's always weird to look at after.

@HELEN: Thank you! The ideas are always the hardest part to come up with. Actually making it is, relatively, easy in comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

34540.gif WoW.  It is very impressive and I can't possibly fault it in any way.  It could easily be a poster for space travel or a movie.  Well done Dryda :beer: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Great new image Dryda. Nice texture on the planet and I like the rings, they are really well done and you have added the shadows on the planet as well. Does not look very glassy to me though. The outer texture (which I assume is the glass - don`t hesitate to correct me if I am wrong) looks more like an atmosphere. Nice touch to add a moon. If it is supposed to be on the same plane as the rings though, then I think the perspective of the horizontal part of the arm  is not quite right. But if is supposed to be lower than the rings then it looks to me, with the planet at that angle,  as if it will hit them as the arm swings around.

Small details I know but it`s those that can make the difference with an image. But all in all another very well made planet. Nice one. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 1 month later...

@Goonfella: Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been pretty busy. Yeah...The collision malfunction is a bit of an issue as well as the fact that I worked out it wouldn't balance...At all :P Thank you nonetheless!

Anyway...

BUUUUUUUUUMP.

New image on the first page. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Drydareelin

@HELEN: Thank you as always Helen :)

@Pixey: The videos are very easy to make but usually come out well. I've actually done a few of them before. Thank you!

@Seerose: Yep, been a while since I've been there! Thank you also.

The name, Sentinel, is called that because the nebula is crafter from the shape of an eye. The definition of "sentinel" means 'to watch over'...