Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

@Daniels: Thank you very much :)

@barbieq25: Why, thank you! Although there is only 1 planet, the other little glowing thing is a distant galaxy :)

@Juliocoolio: Thank you! One thing I've learned is that, if you want to go for aesthetics, you rarely ever have the background solid black. At least have some faint colour there.

@Helen: Thank you, again, Helen :D 

@Pixey: Well...There might be...I didn't think of that o.o' This is far from realism though, it's more of a "Oh look, it's pretty!" piece which then leaves that person going "Wait, what's happening here?".

@Goonfella: I know what you mean. I was going for the "tear in space" sort of look. It did start off much worse but I have this on going problem where I forget to give the image a final sweep over before I save it. Ah well, thank you! :)

Reformatted your Gallery Dryda.  See PM.  Wonderful collection of images you have here :star:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@Seerose: Thank you very much :)

@Pixey: Thank you :D

@Helen: Again, thank you  - for this and your comment on deviantart! Greatly appreciated :)

@Goonfella: Thanks Goon! 

This one had something like 75 layers or something crazy.

First time I tried to flatten, my laptop was like "Yeah, not happening buddy"

• 1 month later...

Gollie .......................... absolutley stunning and looks like a real photo in outer space.  Did you make it all with plugins?   Wow!  thumbsup.gif    

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I love the scale of EOS.Good use of colors as well.Also,I really like the ringed planet in the distance.The stars are oh so suttle in this one.Good choice.

What I dont like is the harsh line above the word eos.Bottom center.Seems like some more blending could have went on there.

Outstanding! I love the clouds. I assume this was a photo manipulation and not 100% created from scratch in PDN. You usually say so if it is. Can`t imagine how you would get such good clouds otherwise. What I like most though is the little moon with the ring in the distance. It gives the image real depth . Not sure about the orange though. I know you were going for a setting/rising sun effect but maybe it`s a bit too strong ? 

Great image though. Well done Dryda. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@Pixey: I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but it's on the deviantart. I used a clouds stock for template since I couldn't get the 3D look that I wanted :) The rest is full PDN though! Thank you

@jerkfight: Thanks man :D

@johnnysdream: There is a very slight black strip going across the bottom. Now, I would've changed it since you mentioned it until:

http://comments.deviantart.com/1/499045393/3681179218

Can't please everyone, eh? :P Thanks for the kind words.

@HELEN: Thanks, as always :)

@Goonfella: Photo manipulation? Me? How dare you.

Ok jokes aside, the clouds were the only things non-PDN in this :P Maybe you're right about the orange, but I wanted 'bright and colourful' this time trying to avoid my usual 'dark and desolate'. You can see more information on it in the deviantart link ^^ Thanks for the kind words Goony!

Edited by Drydareelin

• 1 month later...

Nice image Dryda. I particularly like the star constellation at the top right hand side. Reminds me a bit of the Big Dipper. The nice little moon at the bottom helps to show what a giant the planet is and that is an interesting use of different colour stars, although I think the red is a bit too strong for my tastes.It`s a great background though. You can see how much work went into it.

Have to admit I`m not sure about the Nebula in the background . The clouds have a rather rough look to them. I think smoother ones would look better with more diffuse lighting. It looks more like an explosion behind the planet rather than a nebula (unless of course that is what you meant it to be, in which case it looks great!)

And on the subject of lighting take a look at this -

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/gallery/PIA01969.jpg&imgrefurl=https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/display.cfm?IM_ID%3D2121&h=569&w=894&tbnid=6Zzu0neEtHHFuM:&zoom=1&docid=4rPaQ5ySqF4NPM&hl=en&ei=ACXNVMejAcq17gbP24GICg&tbm=isch&ved=0CB4QMygAMAA&biw=1366&bih=649

This is a photo from NASA .See how the shadow is far sharper and the sides of the rings are still in sunlight? So from directly behind the planet more of the rings would still be visible. Personally  I think you have put too much of the rings in shadow. The rings themselves are well done, I like them. Seems a shame to hide so much of them!

All in all another excellent spacescape Dryda. Hope you don`t mind my comments. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Haha and one of my friends asked me if I should add more red :P

About the planet's rings, I completely forgot about that so you bought up a great point there - I'm usually alright with ring lighting dammit!

With the nebula, I was actually after an 'explosive' nebula type thing. Over all I was after the "Ahhh that's huge" ordeal.

I would alter the rings, but I'm not sure if it would be too hard or not without the original PDN file (I flattened the ring layers together.)

I'll have a look later :)

Edited by Drydareelin

Hey Dryda, of course we missed you. Well actually this is my first time back but OMG! Look at your beautiful image - what a lot of work & effort you put in & it looks spectacular. The red stars do kinda take the eye by surprise but I like it :D Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...