Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

@DrewDale: Thank you very much! I can't believe I got nominated :O

@EER: Thank you so much also!

@Pixey: Haha thank you, and you're most welcome! I browse your gallery a lot but don't say much (probably because I am usually in a rush here) but yeah, I saw your bottle and was blown away by it. It looks so good.

@Red ochre: Thank you :) The process always involves dents, blurs and..the pencil tool.

@HELEN: Thank you so much :) I can never thank you enough for this and the support on deviantart!

@skullbomz: Thanks man :)

Love the album cover. The feeling of it. Best guess, photo taken through foggy car window? :)

Watched Art in the Mathematics. Brilliant. 

I've watched ExoSnow Storm several times.

Fascinating gallery you have.

SloppySig.png

@Helen: Thank you :)

@Goonfella: Oh the darkness is there for a reason ;D

@barbieq25: Thank you very much! :)
@doughty: I always find something wrong with those videos when I post them, so i try not to watch them much :P

About the cover, I'm afraid you are wrong. The original photo was this:

http://i.imgur.com/AyoDPTK.jpg

The rest was just editing.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

What can I say except WOW!

You might not consider this to be your best but frankly I am struggling to find anything wrong with it. Simply amazing. I really like the reflection and the lighting on the window . I makes all the difference and really gives you the feeling that you are looking out into space as well.

Starry background can`t be faulted, nebula is beautiful, especially with the bright stars in it. Lighting is good. Dark but not too dark so the details are not obscured.

I suppose the one very minor fault I could find was with the planet and moon which I think are a bit jaggy when the image is viewed full size. If you don`t magnify it though the edges seem OK. That`s one of the reasons I start big and reduce the size of the final image.

Great texture on the spaceship and the slightly glowing lines add to the feel of being in an alien ship.

Great image Dryda - really well done.  sHa_thumb2.gif

Oh - and I forgot to say thanks for the progression images. Fascinating seeing how the image was put together. :)

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

The texture in the latest one is out-this-world. Everything seems like it was created that way and you took a photo of it. Reminded me of the movie, Zathura that I mentioned on the Fans board. Really, really awesome!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Goonfella: Damn, what a review.

Anyway, the figure was a pain to get right. It's a photo of one of my close friends and wasn't taken for the image. (In fact, I just asked if she has as usable photo and got sent that.) There's a black outline but that's only because an anti-alias made it look way too blurry since it's so dark - but that is probably obvious if you look closely.

Thank you about the background :) I try and refrain from making the background completely black (#00000) but I think I made the contrast a tad too high..oh and I was meant to fix the jaggedness but forgot .________.

You'll love this; the small ship (the one in the distance) is an extremely formed picture of a speedboat I took.

Thanks overall, I appreciate it :)

@Helen: I've never seen Zathura but I get the general gist of the film. Was the 'out-of-this' world comment a pun by any chance? ;D If not, then I got the idea of it spot on; If it was, then I laughed anyway so there's credit for that.

Thank you!

Another amazing piece from you @Dryda.  I like the darkness of it.  I think the girl would blend in softer, with just her image and not the added profile color shell + reflection.  Just a thought  ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Sand33p: Wow, awesome :D Can't wait to see what you produce with it!

@johnnysdream: Thank you very much!

@skullbonz: I am sure she would love hearing that ;) She's there mainly because Exhibit A & B where of the same style. Thanks!

@Pixey: There's everyone else saying they love the reflection, then you hop in change it. Pfff. ANYWAY thank you very much :) I did try to make her outline softer but since everything else is so sharp, she looked way too blurry.

@Pixey: There's everyone else saying they love the reflection, then you hop in change it. Pfff. ANYWAY thank you very much :) I did try to make her outline softer but since everything else is so sharp, she looked way too blurry.

@Dryda - Oh dear ...... I'm so sorry  :/  I guess it just goes to show how everyone has a different view.  Of course, had you changed it (or if I had tried to do it at home on my big computer before commenting) it may not have looked right either.  Sometimes I change things and then it looks worse.  Never know when to quit playing at times  :D .  Girl or no girl with reflection, it's still an awesome piece of space imagery. 

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good bump day.

What bump? I see none.

New piece of the front page. Similar feelings to my last one here, not too sure.

Read the description on my deviantart page (just follow the link under the thumbnail on the front page) for more information about why.

Thanks!