Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

Your work is an inspiration Dry dude.

I've just sussed your latest, beautiful work mate. 

Good onya china, tuvm.

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

This is really an amazing piece from you @Drydareelin and I have to say it's possibly my fav:star:rite thus far :D.  I immediately thought of when looking over the side of the Queen Mary at sea at night B).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I dont like to waffle on but..your new piece is "the bomb" man.

You got the whole subtlety thing going on with the lighting and the composition is balanced as.

Luv the finish dude, the piece has atmosphere, u know feeling. Good onya Dry :-)

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

@welshblue Thank you very much! I was trying to make a glass effect initially but it changed to more of a glass/dusty space as time went on.

@Pixey That was pretty much the idea I had in mind, glad I got the idea through. Thank you :D

@Rickhum Thanks man :) Lighting can be a nightmare at times, mind you.

@LionsDragon Thank you very much!

@lynxster4 Thank you :)

@Seerose Thank you :)

<3 @Drydarealin! Wow! :trophy: "Kin" is very very beautiful, well done. I have another relationship. B) Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Very sorry for your loss Dryda. It is a beautiful tribute to your dad. 

You can see how proud he was of you at your graduation. He will always be a bright shining star watching over you.

• Like 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Dear @Drydareelin I am so sorry for your loss.  How sad for you and your family.  The tribute is beautiful and  he will definitely be a star watching over you :star:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Wow...that is beautiful @Drydareelin   So sorry for the loss of your father, I know what you're going through.  :roll:

But they never really leave us  <3  

@LionsDragon Thank you. It's been a tough new year but we're getting through it.

@Joshua Lamusga Hmm, if you're talking about the ones near the bottom of the image I tried to give the effect of them being much closer than the stars. Perhaps I didn't quite nail the perspective there...

@welshblue Thank you. It's nice to hear that it gets easier. I didn't really go for an all out "wow" effect with this image that I usually try and produce, but more of a personal one this time round.

@Seerose Thank you very much :)

@barbieq25 Oh he will be! I never really showed my family my pictures but my parents always used to like them.

@Pixey Thank you Pixey, and I know he will be.

@lynxster4 I'm glad I'm not alone going through this! It still doesn't feel like he's gone. Hopefully my image portrays that!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"The ones who love us never really leave us, you can always find them in here." (In the heart.) --Sirius Black

@Drydareelin, your dad is right there with you, even if you can't see him.

• Upvote 1

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Very imaginative @Drydareelin   ☺️   Do I see the Pleiades in the upper left?   :star:

out of reps...visit tomorrow!

Edited by lynxster4

<3 @Drydarealin! Excellent job again. :trophy: Good colour choices. I always love what you do. Thank you for the sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@lynxster4: Not exactly the Pleiades but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some inspiration there ;) Especially the colours!

@LionsDragonSo, so many layers (like, 30 odd just on the wormhole) and the fan-favourite Polar Inversion!
@Seerose: Thank you very much :)

@Woodsy: I could say the same about your wild-west scenery. Thank you!

@Pixey: A lot of bright colours I'd hope :Dbut the likelihood is that is would just be very, very quiet. And a bit cold.

@Maximilian: Thank you very much :)

• Like 2