Drydareelin

Drydareelin's gallery [18/01/19 update] - 'Ultima Thule'

Just awesome @Drydareelin :star:  It really glows and I can only imagine what's going on up there in space :D

@lynxster4: Not exactly the Pleiades but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some inspiration there ;) Especially the colours!

@LionsDragonSo, so many layers (like, 30 odd just on the wormhole) and the fan-favourite Polar Inversion!
@Seerose: Thank you very much :)

@Woodsy: I could say the same about your wild-west scenery. Thank you!

@Pixey: A lot of bright colours I'd hope :Dbut the likelihood is that is would just be very, very quiet. And a bit cold.

@Maximilian: Thank you very much :)

• Like 2

It's...been a while. My excuse is that I've been very busy with a new job.

Anyway, got around to doing this quick one :) Ultima made in Paint 3D. Let me know what you think!

Definitely a bit rusty here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

That's pretty cool @Drydareelin!  :star:  That's the asteroid object in the Kuiper belt that New Horizons just took images of.

Excellent artist's impression!     Well done!    😉

Isn't that @lynxster4 a smarty pants :lol: I've never even heard of a Kuipa belt 😂 now I just learned something new!

What a great piece @Drydareelin it looks like it's giving birth.  Wow 😱

Have missed you on here and hope you will stay a while 😘 and I hope you are enjoying your new job.

<3 @Drydareelin!  👍

Space images is a mysterious subject.

Unknown worlds fascinate more and more people.
You have created a new one again. Amazing. :trophy:

Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

21 hours ago, Pixey said:

I've never even heard of a Kuipa belt

I thought it was something for a hernia 😏

Again, another thought provoking piece taking us on a journey Dryda ... great stuff.  Goes to show great space scapes don't have to be ultra complex

@Drydareelin, I was going to say the planets are out of round but they're meant to be like that. Shows you how much I know about space and planets and such.

Good luck with your new job!

@Pixey The Kuiper Belt is a bunch of space objects beyond Pluto :) I also never left, just browsing whenever I had a some free time. New job is going well also, I'm a satellite engineer so as you can imagine it is right up my alley. Thank you!

@Seerose Thank you :) It's not as colourful as my others, but I was going for more of a realistic approach this time round.

@welshblue Well in that case this would be one hell of a hernia, might have to ask NASA on that one. Thank you!

@Woodsy This object way too small to be planets, I think it was clocked in at 19 miles (according to wikipedia). They couldn't even indentify it with telescopes on earth, they had to use hubble. Thank you, it's going well so far!