Drydareelin

Drydareelin's gallery [18/01/19 update] - 'Ultima Thule'

I love science-fiction scene.  I like your execution of concept.  Love, love the ring around the planet.  If you don't mind a bit of some critique - I think the planet's texture could use a bit more "depth" to it even though it's a gas planet, and something about the reflection of the person on the floor seem...off.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 1

@welshblue Thank you! Glad to see you're active again, and not just a quick one-time visit!

@TrevorOutlaw Of course I don't mind critique, that's how you improve. I based my design off photos of Jupiter (hence the swirling spot) and although I added more depth to that particular area, I agree I could've done more overall. Maybe just a touch more contrast too?

Also the lighting on the floor seems off because I made it waaaay too opaque. Whoops. Thank you, I do appreciate it!

Edited by Drydareelin
Typo
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Drydareelin said:

It is what it is

... and does what it says on the tin.  Takes you on a journey.

Awesome how you've got the illusion of distance spot on.  Really like the 'smokey' effect ... really adds atmosphere.

Stunning again

This is really an amazing piece from you @Drydareelin and I have to say it's possibly my fav:star:rite thus far :D.  I immediately thought of when looking over the side of the Queen Mary at sea at night B).

I dont like to waffle on but..your new piece is "the bomb" man.

You got the whole subtlety thing going on with the lighting and the composition is balanced as.

Luv the finish dude, the piece has atmosphere, u know feeling. Good onya Dry :-)

@welshblue Thank you very much! I was trying to make a glass effect initially but it changed to more of a glass/dusty space as time went on.

@Pixey That was pretty much the idea I had in mind, glad I got the idea through. Thank you :D

@Rickhum Thanks man :) Lighting can be a nightmare at times, mind you.

@LionsDragon Thank you very much!

@lynxster4 Thank you :)

@Seerose Thank you :)

New image on the first page titled 'Kin'. This one is personal to me, and to see why I'd suggest reading the description I give.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sincere condolences to you and your Family Dryda' ... a truly beautiful in memoriam piece.  Your Dad would be proud.

Hang on in there, it does get easier

Very sorry for your loss Dryda. It is a beautiful tribute to your dad. 

You can see how proud he was of you at your graduation. He will always be a bright shining star watching over you.

Dear @Drydareelin I am so sorry for your loss.  How sad for you and your family.  The tribute is beautiful and  he will definitely be a star watching over you :star:

Wow...that is beautiful @Drydareelin   So sorry for the loss of your father, I know what you're going through.  :roll:

But they never really leave us  <3  

@LionsDragon Thank you. It's been a tough new year but we're getting through it.

@Joshua Lamusga Hmm, if you're talking about the ones near the bottom of the image I tried to give the effect of them being much closer than the stars. Perhaps I didn't quite nail the perspective there...

@welshblue Thank you. It's nice to hear that it gets easier. I didn't really go for an all out "wow" effect with this image that I usually try and produce, but more of a personal one this time round.

@Seerose Thank you very much :)

@barbieq25 Oh he will be! I never really showed my family my pictures but my parents always used to like them.

@Pixey Thank you Pixey, and I know he will be.

@lynxster4 I'm glad I'm not alone going through this! It still doesn't feel like he's gone. Hopefully my image portrays that!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Very imaginative @Drydareelin   ☺️   Do I see the Pleiades in the upper left?   :star:

out of reps...visit tomorrow!

Edited by lynxster4