HI, I am looking for two plug-ins I just can't seem to find! Help please?

Hi there, I am new here and tried looking every where and I am positive you guys must have created these two plug-ins some where. I am a pixel artist and i use to use it on Photoshop some time ago. They are called the burn and dodge tools. Where one lightens some part of the image, or say pixel by pixel and the other darkens them. If you could be ever so kind as link me to them I would be very much grateful for your help. You know how they say men can't find anything, well I am a woman and can't find my butt out of a paper sack. XD

So I am not in no way ever going to find these tools! ^^

Thank you for your help!

HELLO MAN XD

To your question I might say not exactly. Let me see, the dodge and burn tools I am thinking of lighten up or add shadow to an area. Like on my pixel art? Say where a shirt folds there is a shadow which I add the burn mark to create the shadow, or where the sun hits the top of a girls head it adds a shine or a highlight where I use the dodge tool to make it appear that way. Let me see if i can find an example:

pick-dodge-tool.jpg

See the tool icons? I am looking for tools such as these here to add to my software. ^^

Any help would be appreciated.

I think Lance is more knowledgeable than myself.

Can only think of adding a layer in black and transparent and blending ? - sorry i can't help more :/

There are some very capable pixel artists on here that may be able to help ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I wonder if I can find a simpler substitute for the tools?

Well, the way I go about it is I add a layer and set the blend mode to either dodge or burn, then use a nearly transparent gray brush. (The transparency of the brush gives it the illusion of softness if you don't move the mouse too quickly)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Well, the way I go about it is I add a layer and set the blend mode to either dodge or burn, then use a nearly transparent gray brush. (The transparency of the brush gives it the illusion of softness if you don't move the mouse too quickly)

Or just using two tone of grey (dark and light), and make two layers (Dodge and Burn) respectively, and use the paint brush. May have to use Gaussian blur a bit to soften up the edge.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.