Filed saved in .PNG are corrupted...

MsShadiggy

I have been using Paint.net for YEARS. Just yesterday I have been experiencing problems when saving my files in the .PNG format. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest version but I am still receiving a corrupted error message when trying to open any saved .PNG files from the past 24 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The files can be saved, and will be opened, in everything but PNG. PDN opens and saves just fine. So does JPG and GIF. But for some reason the PNG files are the only files becoming corrupted and I really need to save in PNG as I need parts of the image to be transparent. I have updated it, it didn't work. I uninstalled it and deleted all of the program files and then reinstalled it and it won't work. I can't get it to save in PNG for the life of me.

The files can be saved, and will be opened, in everything but PNG. PDN opens and saves just fine. So does JPG and GIF. But for some reason the PNG files are the only files becoming corrupted and I really need to save in PNG as I need parts of the image to be transparent. I have updated it, it didn't work. I uninstalled it and deleted all of the program files and then reinstalled it and it won't work. I can't get it to save in PNG for the life of me.

Sometimes my PNGs are also corrupted (there is an old thread about this).

As a workaround you may save as .pdn and convert the files to png using pdn2png. This tool allows you to keep the transparency.

midoras signature.gif

Thanks for the reply, but that program isn't working either. I downloaded it off of the internet, and when I go to double click the pdn2png.exe file, a small black box pops up and then pops right back off of my screen. No program has been installed. I'm not sure how old this plugin is, but I am guessing that it is not compatible with my newer computer operating system.

Why would Paint.net all of a sudden stop working for me after YEARS?! This is beyond frustrating and I have made no recent changes or updates to my computer. It just up and stopped working. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Thanks for the reply, but that program isn't working either. I downloaded it off of the internet, and when I go to double click the pdn2png.exe file, a small black box pops up and then pops right back off of my screen. No program has been installed. I'm not sure how old this plugin is, but I am guessing that it is not compatible with my newer computer operating system.

You have to call the tool from the commandline or just drag and drop the .pdn file to the tool. Read the description.

midoras signature.gif