False positives?

ふしぎの国のアリス

Paint.net is running normally for me, however my most recent Malwarebytes scan lists several plugins as "Trojan.Inject"

malewarebytesplugins.png

My other security software (AVG, etc) says the Paint.net program folder is clean. I think it's most likely a false positive but I would like to know if anyone else has gotten the same scan results. If so, did you remove the files?

(I know it's the plugins, not Paint.net, causing the issue but it seems less efficient to ask in five different plugin threads if others have encountered this problem.)

Did you download the plugins from this forum? If so, you should be ok. If you downloaded them from elsewhere, I would delete them.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Did you download the plugins from this forum? If so, you should be ok. If you downloaded them from elsewhere, I would delete them.

I get all my plugins via the forum, though IIRC some do prompt a visit to the author's site to download them.

Just use Microsoft Security Essentials. "Malwarebytes Anti-malware" is known to be a bit over-zealous, reporting all sorts of things so that you think you got your money's worth.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg