Tablet Pressure Sensitivity?

I own a Lenovo X220 tablet laptop, and with all the preinstalled Microsoft Office programs, the tablet responds nicely to pressure sensitivity. However, Paint.net does not, and when I do use the tablet with the paintbrush tool, it ends up looking like the text here:

http://souperintendent.deviantart.com/#/d4ocir4

See how it's all weird, rough, and unnatural? How to I make it look better and have pressure sensitivity?

Thanks.

Computer model:

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/thinkpad/x-series/x220/

Paint.net does not support pressure sensitivity at this time.

You can probably do some work to remove the aliased parts of brush strokes/line draws, but many find using other applications for this level of control over drawing to be the solution. Then importing those base creations back into Paint.net for final processing/blending.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

The issue of pressure sensitivity has been raised many times. So much so that it appears in the Popular Feature Requests.

Rest assured it is not an issue with your system or tablet boltbait.wink.png

• 3 years later...

Tablet pressure sensitivity -- This was removed in v3.5. I'm hoping to add it back in, possibly via a plugin, but I do not have an ETA. Might be possible as a plugin in 4.0, and then built-in for 4.x.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Old discussion.

11) Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject. However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, Pictorium, or Plugins sections of the forum.

It has been raised many times. Rest assured that Rick (paint.net developer) has not forgotten about it.

<closed>