Pixel-exact selection when zoomed out

Is there a way to do a pixel-exact (rectangular) selection when zoomed out?

e.g. I have an image that is 3000x2000, I have zoomed out to see the whole image and like to select a section that is 1280x1024 out of that image. When I use the mouse, I can't select it exactly (expected behavior as one pixel in my view is 2.3 pixel in reality) but even when I use the mouse combined with the arrow keys I get the same behavior (which I did not expect, I would have thought I could change the selection's size pixel by pixel).

Currently I'm solving the problem through selecting the next bigger size (e.g. 1283x1025), copy/paste it into a new image, then crop it to 1280x1024 and copy/paste it again to a new image where I save it. Is there a more efficient way of doing it?

Thank you + best regards

Chris

Edited by chha

Hi chha, welcome ot the forum!

Following on from the advice Midora gave you...,

Click and hold the left mouse button down to move the fixed size selection area around boltbait.cool.png

RE: selection sizing - the selection is always an integer number of pixels in size. The reason that you may not be able to cast a selection to a particular size with the mouse is probably due to the image zoom factor.

Try zooming your image to 100%. At this size one pixel in the image exactly fills one pixel on your monitor. You should then have pixel perfect control of the mouse and the selection size.