My account

nitenurse79

Can admin / mods please remove my log in details and passwords from here please. I wish to delete my account but can't find how to do it here.

Jim is taking over too much and is ruining the forum for others, so it is with sadness that I have decided to leave. He breaks many rules that others cant (upping his own gallery / re writing tutes / playing god etc) I don't need people like that.

goodbye all.

ZXCBOoZ.png

We don't delete accounts here. That said...

Last time I checked, Jim wasn't a mod. If one of his (or anyone elses) posts breaks a forum rule, simply flag the post and one of the mods will take care of it.

We can't read EVERY forum posts on our own. So, reporting bad posts is a HUGE help to us.

Please don't go. We want this to be a happy place for all to enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I closely watched the thread where Jim revised someone else's tut. The matter was settled between the parties and I saw no need to step in.

Ditto what BoltBait said. If you have issues, let a mod know and we'll deal with it.

Jim does have a lot to say (so do I for that matter). Personally, I find a lot of what he says to be interesting and informative.

I am sorry to hear that NiteNurse feels this way but the post stunned me. Really? Jim is good to have here. While I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says (that'd be just silly) I do appreciate his input & point of view. It'd be deathly quiet here without him.

Honestly, I thought I'd get the forum troll award rather than the Monet & Big Bird awards...guess there is always next time :lol:

I don't want to see anyone leave. Can't we all just play nice?? PLEASE!!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Shame to lose nitenurse79 like this. Especially over something that should not have caused this much tension.

We Mods are here to keep the forum running smoothly. If another user offends you in some manner - please take it to a Mod!

@nitenurse79: Please reconsider?

• Upvote 1

Shame to lose nitenurse79 like this. Especially over something that should not have caused this much tension.

We Mods are here to keep the forum running smoothly. If another user offends you in some manner - please take it to a Mod!

@nitenurse79: Please reconsider?

I will reconsider, but I don't think I will be creating a new gallery, I may just stick around to observe and learn, as I mentioned it is one rule for one and no rules for others, I was under the impression that posting pictures in someones gallery was not permitted, but some people can get away with it. I really don't want to leave here but sometimes I feel I have nothing of value to share. (I don't have as much free time as "some" people do)

ZXCBOoZ.png

I will reconsider

Awesome!

...as I mentioned it is one rule for one and no rules for others, I was under the impression that posting pictures in someones gallery was not permitted, but some people can get away with it.

It's not a formal rule. Rather, it is considered rude to dump your own images in someone else's gallery. The exception is, of course, if a discussion on a specific technique is occurring between the gallery owner and another user.

Gallery owners can always request that an image be removed. Asking the poster nicely should work. If it doesn't it's Mod time! boltbait.big_smile.png

.... sometimes I feel I have nothing of value to share.

Your contributions are very helpful. Maintaining your gallery (as an inspiration to other users) is more valuable than you possibly realise!

Glad you're still around nitenurse!

...sometimes I feel I have nothing of value to share. (I don't have as much free time as "some" people do)

Well, feel that way no more, because you just shared your feelings; and I don't think it is possible to argue that those aren't valuable ;)

Stick around, though. As one troll to another, trolling is no fun if nobody trolls with you!

...ok I'm not much of a troll, but it's nice to have someone like you in the general discussion section. jim and delpart tend to have the lengthy "I know a lot, so I'll enlighten you on this matter" type answers, so the simple and positive replies you give are very uplifting, so please stay! :(

I apologize for the negative undertone, guys (jim and delpart), but certain ways of explaining things, even in text, can come off that way; and you guys tend to do it every other time.

Edited by pdnnoob

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

@ nitenurse79, sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I respect your decision, I just liked to say that I don't like the award under you avatar at all,

although I did it just for fun, and voted for you on that, but I really felt sorry after that,

I wish if Rick or any of the admins/mods here can remove that, and also all other negative awards from our members avatars, that includes the one that Jim got as well, let it stay just between us and in the award thread only,

what do you think guys/girls? Agree with me?

Some people take the internet way too seriously..

Depending on what it is you are talking about, they can be right to take it seriously (ex: SOPA--whether you were with or against it)

Anyhow, just because something is posted on the internet doesn't mean it can't be hurtful or simply annoying enough to drive one off a forum. It is best not to brush people like nitenurse off and call them oversensitive. People across the internet have feelings too.

• Upvote 1

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

... jim and delpart tend to have the lengthy .... type answers

Yup. At times I can give lengthy type answers (just as you may see here in this response).

From my perspective this is rather simple: To whom I am answering, I don't know the individual. I don't know their educational level. And because of this, I try not to make any assumptions in that regard. So yes, I try to provide answers in the hopes that what I am providing will do 2 things:

1.) Answer the question

2.) Educate

Yes, there are things that I do know, and there are things that I do not know. If a person asks something that I know nothing about - I don't answer. If there is something that I can be off assistance with though, I am only trying "pay it forward" as it were and help when/wherever I can. I am not into a lot of the technical aspects of some things, and because of that I don't tend to get into technical jargon to convey a process (though I may understand some concept of some of the terms), so I try to break it down into simpler terms which can also lend itself to a lengthy reply (where maybe one technical term might suffice to do the same).

I don't think necessarily that a lengthy reply is detrimental unless of course a person gets lost in that "jargon". I myself come across replies from time to time that I get lost in and need to re-read it and see if I can't digest the reply given.

As a matter of fact, the tutorial section itself (a least the vast majority of them) could be deemed as lengthy replies to a particular question.

So you have your thought process on this matter, and I too have mine. Is there a perfect reply to every instance? Dunno. I'm sure that some of the threads you will even see multiple replies from a few people. Imagine if you will if the first person had included all those replies in response to a question how lenghty it will be.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

EDIT:

Yup, I'm going to lengthen this as well.

One more benefit is that even in a worst case scenario that the person to whom a reply is given has a better understanding for which I may givfe him/her credit for in my response, it does not mean that someone in the future who comes across the same post seeking answers to his/her like question will also have that level of understanding/knowledge.

* I hope you understand that this reply intends to do what I outlined above. Answer and (hopefully) educate*

Edited by jim100361
  • Upvote 1

Well said Jim.

If someone doesn't want the long answer, they have the option of NOT reading it or skim reading. This could be one benefit of asynchronous communication - you are not trapped into a mini lecture unless you want it.

You are quite right about not making assumptions. When you assume something you make an <Family-friendly forum.> out of u & me. :lol:

Good on you & Delpart for taking the time to write responses to questions or problems. Sometimes I know the answers etc go over my head with the technical jargon but that is not to say that I will not understand it one day. See my sig - knowledge is no burden to carry - my own quote. I am a teacher of adults. This spills over in other areas too but I agree that what we leave for others to read is sometimes just as valuable as answering the original poster.

My responses can be lengthy at times too. Guess that is just our personality. I appreciate the longer responses & I appreciate you being here too same as Nitenurse. We all contribute in different ways.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@welshy my mistake...that's actually a bit embarrassing.

Apologies, jim. I just made the very same mistake I was speaking of ...so technically that makes me a hypocrite :cry:

Anyhow, I understand where you are coming from, and I appreciate your intentions. It isn't so much the length of the responses given as the tone. Occasionally, your replies "sound" a bit condescending. Perhaps it is a result of the details you go into? I honestly don't know. This may just be a personal opinion, but something about your posts just seems to poke at my sense of annoyance.

That said, there isn't much more for me to say here, and I feel a bit intrusive now. *pdnnoob over and out*

Well that having been said, I think I can understand where you are coming from, especially if you have a greater understanding (in technical aspects). I suppose you may take it that way, but as perspectives go, now that you understand my ideology in this respect, maybe it won't come off that way to you.

And don't fear, I won't hold any grudges. So to me your apology is not necessary (but respected nonetheless).

Well said Jim.

If someone doesn't want the long answer, they have the option of NOT reading it or skim reading. This could be one benefit of asynchronous communication - you are not trapped into a mini lecture unless you want it.

I have no problem with a long answer, like you say I would just skim it. I have a problem with over large images and forum hogging. :(

ZXCBOoZ.png

Nitenurse79, please don't abuse the report system. It's for reporting spam or genuinely offensive comments, not just "things I disagree with."

Anyway, this thread has served its purpose.

Closed

• Upvote 3

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!