Best plugins?

Red O' deserves lots of Reps' but I can't help looking @ his avatar and think that the Hand in Hand text could look better diagonally ? Sort of like a 6th finger ... ??

A "drive by" critique? :mrgreen: Of course with 6 fingers involved I now have lines from The Princess Bride floating through my head ...

Gallery at PDN-Fans

The best plugins are pinned to the top of the plugin forum. In this context, best does not necessarily mean easy to use however.

I always wonder why new users leap towards plugins :/. There are a wealth of tools and techniques to learn in a default installation of Paint.NET (press F1 if you don't believe me).

I summary: install the plugins you need to use (for a particular technique or tutorial for e.g.). Installing plugins because someone else thinks they're brillig is not reason enough.

The best plugins are pinned to the top of the plugin forum. In this context, best does not necessarily mean easy to use however.

I always wonder why new users leap towards plugins :/. There are a wealth of tools and techniques to learn in a default installation of Paint.NET (press F1 if you don't believe me).

I summary: install the plugins you need to use (for a particular technique or tutorial for e.g.). Installing plugins because someone else thinks they're brillig is not reason enough.

I know, but I am a very quick learner, so I have tried and figured out most of the current features, so I'd kind of like some more to experiment with. I won't just install any old plugin either, and I will delete it if I don't get along with it.

Edited by RedRocker227

...and figured out most of the current features...

That is an outstanding effort! I find the different selection modes hard to become au fait with. Not to mention the blend modes...,

Pyrochild was right. His plugins are the best.

And so are BoltBaits.

So are MadJik's, Red Ochre's, Tanel's, Ed Harvey, I Like Pi's, null54's & Simon Brown's.

And everyone knows that Kris VDM's plugins are also the best.

Very few of mine are the best, but some of them are.

(this list goes on and on........)

The very BEST plugin is the one that does the job you wanted done. boltbait.big_smile.png

• Upvote 1