Rockandroll's little gallery New Waterorb april 4th 2012

Rockandroll

Love the soft render feel that blend in the Rose gives. Amazing attention to detail in blending down that much into a single piece. Or simply: wow.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Love the soft render feel that blend in the Rose gives. Amazing attention to detail in blending down that much into a single piece. Or simply: wow.

"Wow" is right, delpart! That rose is AMAZING! Whenever you find the time, some tutorials from you are definitely in order, rockandroll!

Sorry for the late reaction, i had a very busy week. Thanks for all the nice comments. it can go only go down after this hehe. As for the tutorial i am on it ( it will hopefully be ready next week) . I will not make a tutorial on the rose tho. simply because the tutorial would get to big. I chose to make the tutorial of the banana, which has not that many layers and i used basically the same method as in the rose. The abstract i posted is the first i ever made. i usually stick to recognisable objects, but i must say i enjoyed making it. i hope you enjoy seeing it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Its done, i have finished my tutorial, but after reading the tutorialposting rules i am not sure if i should post it

Rule 6. Please don't be in a rush to write tutorials. As a rule of thumb, if you have very few posts (i.e. only a few dozen), think twice before posting a tutorial

I guess i should wait untill i get more replies and more people ask for the tutorial.

Anyway, the result of the tutorial would have been this image. I added some bruises just for Dug and Welshblue ;)

th_bananatutorialresult.jpg

Edited by Rockandroll

Very nice!! Amazed at how realistic your fruit looks!

Well, if you would like you can send me your tutorial.... that way it won't go to waist....(seriously, I would appreciate it)

Maybe check with one of the Mods/Admin if you are not sure about the rules, maybe submit it to them and see if they think you should post it. Personally I think you have a real talent for using Paint.Net and your tutorials would be a benefit to the site....

:D

EDIT: I just looked at BrainStorm.... I really like it too. I like all your art! The rose and fruit just blows me away with their realistic look!

Edited by zookey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

@ Zookey: Asking a moderator might be the best way to go i think. It took me a while to make the tutorial ( mostly because i had to retrace my steps) and i like to share it with others, but i dont want to presume i know it all. I am still learning. Sofar i have seen there are a lot of talented people on this forum. Thanks for the tip and your kind words.

@ welshblue; wise words indeed, with that in mind ( and the other requests) i have finally decided to post the the tutorial.

... Allergies can be a pain, i know ( i sometimes get it from just walking in the sun :/ ), i am glad you can still enjoy looking at them ;)

Edited by Rockandroll

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have internet at my place, so I wanted to respond to your a gallery as one of the first things! your images are very good, especially the fruit and your hand, lol I can see it's painted in pdn, from scratch? anyway, a late welcome from my side (would have said that sooner if I had the chance...

First off, great new sig. Lovely animation, too. And the orb is really nice. The only thing I would've done differently was add a small shadow to make it come out from the background and give it a little more depth.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Love the new avatar.Waterorb: Doing tutorials is what it is all about, then turn your own style to it.I agree with Helen and Welshy,the orb needs something to separate it from the background.Maybe just darkening the background slightly.Anyway nice work.

@ Barbieq25: thanks for your kind words

@ Welshblue, Helen and Dug: Thanks for the compliments and yes, I agree with you so i fixed it (i actually made a shadow for the first image but it somehow got lost in the layers hehe)

th_waterorbfinaltestingshadow.png

@ Aislin: Nice to meet you :). Yes, i make all my images from scratch.( i do look at pictures or real objects as reference tho, the hand i made by looking at my own hand for example) I like the challenge of solving the problems that come my way. I have learned the most of mistakes i made and then "repairing" them. Paint.net is like a big puzzle for me and i love puzzles ;)