Sign in to follow this  
Sfifer

Album Cover Game

The Rules are simple.

1 – Go to “wikipedia.” Hit “random”

or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 – Go to “Random quotations”

or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3

The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 – Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”

or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days

Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Example:

PCG0l.jpg

Random feature of Flikr can be fun ... Depending, you probably want to crop it down to a square image. Shame as I lost a little from this one in the process ...

Wiki results can be a little odd, or even unusable if you dont know how to get some extended characters ... Though I can see rolling the dice twice, since it is not a competition for sure.

Happily surprised with my triple luck for a first run at one:

ACG_CC.png

There is a lot more that I could have done with it, but I was in a rush...

Hidden Content:

albumcovergame.png

Edit:

P.S.: I cheated (re-rolled, so to speak) with the quote and the picture... the first picture was not able to be copied/saved/used in any way, and the first quote was too long and wouldn't make since if cropped. I also, in retrospect, wish that I capitalized "the" and "it".

The text also looks a bit odd on it...

Overall, I will be re-doing it soon.

Edited by AGJM

P.S.: I cheated (re-rolled, so to speak) with the quote and the picture... the first picture was not able to be copied/saved/used in any way, and the first quote was too long and wouldn't make since if cropped. I also, in retrospect, wish that I capitalized "the" and "it".

The text also looks a bit odd on it...

Overall, I will be re-doing it soon.

I dunno, the lack of capitalization is almost a meme considering ... all the texting folks seem to avoid it prior to the new auto cap features ...

Idea is to not use the entire quote but the last part of it for the title ... You could have gotten away with "It was here first" really. Rarely are album titles lengthy expositions.

I'd say skip it, chalk the experience and do another one. You might find it better than the obsession of a re-hash.

Daww, mine's a little serious...

Albumcover.png

The full quote was, "What we're all striving for is authenticity, a spirit-to-spirit connection.". I just ommited the 'a' and 'to'.

St1cki3 please tell me how you make that Sig and avi!! I love that digi-pixel look! You should do a tut.

Honestly I made it so long ago (~2 years maybe?) that I can't even begin to remember how I did it. All I remember is starting with a gradient, then using glass blocks and alpha mask repeatedly all while duplicating layers, then flipping them, rotating them, cutting out portions of the layers, then duplicating them again and repeat (not really in that order). I think I used grim color reaper to remove the white (for transparency) before running the plugins and whatnot. And it doesn't help that I haven't been doing anything related to digital art for more than a year...Sorry couldn't be more of a help. Maybe you can ask some of the experienced artists around here to dissect it! (Was it here or the pdnfans forum that had a thread like that?) Well, in the meantime I'll try to replicate it (don't hold your breath though haha).