Clean up design?

scamutz

I just downloaded paint.net after about 6 hours of trying to accomplish my goals with MS Paint - this is a LIFESAVER...I can't believe I didn't hear about it earlier. It's allowed me clean up a scan of a plat map 99%. The only problem that I have now is somehow the black lines got changed to black and shades of gray and I'd just like to clean it up some so that it doesn't look so....jagged, messy. Any ideas on an easy way to get this done? Is there a way to reduce the color pallette to about 6 colors? Or is there a better way?

Thanks SO much for your help.

post-88576-132831191613_thumb.png

Well, do you have the image and black background on separate layers? If so then you can probably just use Effects>Objects>Feather.

If not then you could paint over it by zooming in with :ZoomIn: and using the :PaintBrushTool: tool on black. More tedious but it works.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

yea a combination of feather/anti alias/object outline/blur effects might work (suggest AAs assistant from dpys plugin pack and Object Outline from Bolt Baits pack)

If you dont have it as two layers allready try making the surround area a solid color like white (magic wand_backspace) then magic wand just the black and delete it, add a new layer, make it black and move it down (in the Layers window) When the results good enough, merge it onto the black layer, and delete the white surround (and if that leaves any jagges on the outer edge, use AA's assistant again)

Edited by johoe

I used Grim Color Reaper to remove the black, then ran AA's Assistant (default settings) and Outline Object (radius 3). That should fix most of the jaggies. Anything left you can manually fix with the line tool :LineTool: in about 5 minutes.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...

I used Grim Color Reaper to remove the black, then ran AA's Assistant (default settings) and Outline Object (radius 3). That should fix most of the jaggies. Anything left you can manually fix with the line tool :LineTool: in about 5 minutes.

That was AWESOME - thanks so much for your help...after HOURS of messing with it, this was the ideal fix.