Text tool problem

susanlandreth

I have used this program in the past with great success. I bought a new computer, installed the program and am having a problem with the text tool. I had set my background, added an image in a new layer and added a new layer for text. When I tried the use the text tool, I got the box with 4 arrows but no cursor. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled. I started a new project, and tried to add the next first. That time I got the cursor and added text. When I went to add a resized image into a new layer it wouldn't size properly. Started again, added image first, then new layer and once again now cursor. What am I doing wrong?

Please help,

Susan Landreth

If your selected color is the same as your background, it can be extremely difficult to see the cursor.

If you are typing text onto a layer underneath an image, you can't see the cursor.

Make sure the text you are typing isn't going underneath an image.

Make sure you have a color selected that isn't extremely close to the color of your background.

Hope that helps!

PS this should be in the general discussion section ;)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I have used this program in the past with great success. I bought a new computer, installed the program and am having a problem with the text tool. I had set my background, added an image in a new layer and added a new layer for text. When I tried the use the text tool, I got the box with 4 arrows but no cursor. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled. I started a new project, and tried to add the next first. That time I got the cursor and added text. When I went to add a resized image into a new layer it wouldn't size properly. Started again, added image first, then new layer and once again now cursor. What am I doing wrong?

Please help,

Susan Landreth

Hi,

I was using a white background, black as primary color. I changed the primary color to red, still no joy. I deselected the other layers, no joy. I didn't see the answer to my dilema in any other posts, I did check general info first, maybe I missed it. I have added a screen shot so you can see what I mean. Thanks.

.Bmp"]Screen shot

Hi,

I was using a white background, black as primary color. I changed the primary color to red, still no joy. I deselected the other layers, no joy. I didn't see the answer to my dilema in any other posts, I did check general info first, maybe I missed it. I have added a screen shot so you can see what I mean. Thanks.

Screen shot

Cannot attach directly and your link unfortunately goes back to your computer only: "://c/Users/slandreth/Documents/Cropper%20Captures/CropperCapture%5B3%5D.Bmp" To share that you'll need an image host like Photobucket to display things on the forum. Or whatever image/external hosting links you wish really ... See: Forum help thread on posting images

Sadly, I'm not sure what could be causing it, but I've run into the problem of having to wait for the text cursor to show up for a few moments. I've just grown accustom to moving the text when I'm impatient and cannot determine the starting point.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Cannot attach directly and your link unfortunately goes back to your computer only: "://c/Users/slandreth/Documents/Cropper%20Captures/CropperCapture%5B3%5D.Bmp" To share that you'll need an image host like Photobucket to display things on the forum. Or whatever image/external hosting links you wish really ... See: Forum help thread on posting images

Sadly, I'm not sure what could be causing it, but I've run into the problem of having to wait for the text cursor to show up for a few moments. I've just grown accustom to moving the text when I'm impatient and cannot determine the starting point.

I added to photo to Photobucket, here's the link, http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r568/suland/. I have had the project up for several hours and still no cursor.

You have an active selection. Try pressing Esc or Ctrl-D before using the text tool.

What he said

You can't type text outside of an active selection, hence the cursor not showing up. Had your text been inside the selection, you would have seen it. Again, press esc or ctrl+d to deselect before you try to type again

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I spoke too soon. That trick worked 1 time, now I'm back to no cursor. I did exactly what you told me to do. When I got no cursor, I even closed the program, rebooted my computer and started the whole process again. I have a simple project I am trying to complete and I am behind deadline. Is there anything else you can suggest?

I spoke too soon. That trick worked 1 time, now I'm back to no cursor. I did exactly what you told me to do. When I got no cursor, I even closed the program, rebooted my computer and started the whole process again. I have a simple project I am trying to complete and I am behind deadline. Is there anything else you can suggest?

No text cursor? Try tapping the Ctrl key.

more >> http://www.getpaint....t/TextTool.html