Getting Started: Recolor and Effects

talleyb

Hello folks,

I am new to Paint.net. I am familiar with the tutorials and read many other posts through the search. I am having a problem with achieving the realism I am looking for. I have attached the three images in a link that I am working on to ultimately print on canvas for above our couch. They are an original picture from Amsterdam of some bikes on a bridge. I would like to change the color of the middle bike to red and maybe the rest in black and white with maybe some hints of red throughout randomly in the background and/or trees. I have done some work with many of the different tools and add-on effects as well as their tolerances. The first picture is original, second is kind of the ultimate goal, and third is the "single hue" effect which looks very neat to me with a crude version of what i'd like the bike to look like. How would you go about achieving realism for the bike recolor. We really like the idea of bringing out the red accents as well.

Three pictures

-Bryan