[Request]

Weazlebee

Hello Weazlebee,

All I could find was this thread. I think it contains enough information for a realistic teardrop.

Next time you need to search for anything (PDN) paint.net related go here and use the search box.

Or if you're working in PDN, ctrl+E will take you to the same search box.

Hope this helps.

(see post #5 in that thread)

and

Second link is better IMHO. Certainly easier to follow with images :D

I used the second link provided by Ego and did some slight modifications.

Orig:

SadWoman.jpg

Modified:

SadWomanCrying.png

In step 5 it reads: "Apply ‘Drop Shadow’: Widening radius 2, blur radius 5, and everything else set to default."

But I did Apply ‘Drop Shadow’: Widening radius 0, blur radius 3, and everything else set to default.

Then after Step 8, I went to brightness/contrast and toned it down even more less bright and the contrast (sorry I don't recall the settings now).

After I had the layer to my liking there, I then used the liquify plugin to reshap it (originally it was just a slim, elongated ellipse).

I could've reshaped better, but you should get the idea.

EDIT:

A little more tweaking...:

SadWomanCrying2.png

Edited by jim100361

Hey thanks Jim I didn't know about liquify it really helped get a good shape.

As for that 2nd link, is there any new layers you're supposed to make thats not mentioned? Or is all the work done on the 1 new layer?

Cuz each time I do it even with your drop shadow recommendation it comes out looking not smooth at all, way out of place!

Your result was nice. Thanks for help or any further help..

After you do the drop shadow (but before you do a gaussian blur), try the AA again. And yes, it's only done on one layer (on top of your background pic). Also note that mine was a much larger and more detailed pic, try also adjusting the blur radius on the drop shadow down to 2 or 1 (before doing AA) and see how that looks.

Also, if you notice the 3rd pic I posted, after manipulating the tear again to contour a bit better, I went through the brightness/contrast adjustment again to make it look a bit more faint.

Edited by jim100361

To be honest, "teardrop shape" is really misleading. How often do tears really take on that shape?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks to the salinity and impurities involved, the oils of the skin, etc ... not very often. Most notable is from the eyelash and off the tip of the nose in actually forming a droplet of any type ...

I've often wondered about that word's "origins" myself.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• Weazlebee changed the title to [Request]