Old versus new

Aislin

Old versus New

uhm, I have been thinking and thinking for a couple day's if I decided to post this topic here, I did not know if someone would enjoy or like it, or even wanted to compare their images. If the mods think this thread should go, just lock and delete or so... okey, let me explain a bit of what I was thinking.

A couple nights ago I was looking at my very old very first images of second life, made in PDN and I thought: 'Wow, that looks pretty different from what I do now!' I was truly a beginner at PDN and did not know how to do this or that (I still don't know a lot I guess) Anyway, that gave me the idea to start a new topic so everyone can post their first PDN image and their last PDN image to compare how much you have grown.

Of course, positive feedback and compliments are aloud. But make sure there is at least 1 or 2 comments after the person who showed their images of progress.

Shall I start first? hmmmm my very first PDN image was the one when I started taking pictures in second life and it is this one:

3886081586_eafa554a1f.jpg

I did not know about the feather, the blur, and I did this image in 3 layers, purple background, the second life avatar and the heart thingy in the corner I found on google... the edges look horrible and the only things I did with the avatar was soften portrait and cutting it out from a green background. I made it around 5th of September 2009

As for the last image I created in PDN, you all know that was not an edited second life avatar, although I learned so much from this editing that I finally was able to paint a whole portrait myself! So here is my latest completed image of leelee Sobiskie completed on the 4th of Januari 2012:

6635170241_d0c02a4a74.jpg

I can't wait to see yours!

• Upvote 1

i don't know where did i leave my first piece , i've changed my computer twice so things aren't saved , anyway most of my stuff are small things that are put in games (by me or by other people whom put me in credits after that) , anyway i think i got better , like from 1 start to 2 stars or something

Ahmed

Well it`s been so long now since I started using PDN I can`t remember which one was my first. And I never added any details like date taken etc.. to help me out as I never thought it was necessary.

I do remember my first and last spacescapes though so I will compare them instead.

First -

PolishedSpace.jpg

Most recent -

SilentAssassin.jpg

I would never think of posting something like the first one now, I would be more likely to delete it and start again!

• Upvote 2

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I would never think of posting something like the first one now, I would be more likely to delete it and start again!

The point of saving old stuff is in my opinion this: you could always learn from it ;)

you made a hell of a progress! Didi you create the rock by yourself?

• Upvote 1

Wow you guys started of good ( NN79 I would of been happy if my first image looked like that ). I had never used a graphics program before PDN and I just downloaded it to make a signature on a gaming forum,the one below and it is ugly as ####. I cringe when I see how I used to cut out images.

SIG.jpg

My latest was done a while back ( too much going on in my life at the moment to allow me time on PDN :( ) for a friend on the same gaming site.

Untitled2-1.png

I have done a few things since that though but they have just been very simple.

Wow Welsh! that is an improvement!!! Amazing!! A true example for those who just started with PDN, you show them that you CAN improve, it gives motivation to a lot of starters I guess :)

My first image, actually after I took off the tile reflection over the glow in the top right. Not sure where the actual original one is.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/Andrew_MacGillivray/Abstract%20Art/glowAGJM2.jpg

My most recent image:

http://customize.org/thumbnails/larger/96485.jpg

My favorite image:

http://customize.org/thumbnails/larger/95863.jpg

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again.