Resize a selection?

Here's a simple question which, surprisingly, I couldn't find an answer to in the existing forums:

How do I resize a selected portion of an image?

I would assume that the purpose of a 'selection' tool is to apply edits, effects, and changes to a selected portion of an image without effecting the entire image. But when I select part of my project and go up to the 'image' menu and try to resize just that part, it resizes the whole project. Is there any way I can select something and change its size?

Here's a simple question which, surprisingly, I couldn't find an answer to in the existing forums:

How do I resize a selected portion of an image?

I would assume that the purpose of a 'selection' tool is to apply edits, effects, and changes to a selected portion of an image without effecting the entire image. But when I select part of my project and go up to the 'image' menu and try to resize just that part, it resizes the whole project. Is there any way I can select something and change its size?

Go into the rotate/zoom on the Layers pull-down menu. This will affect only the single layer and selection. Your selection of course will mask things using this ... That can be useful in some ways.

Though chances are you want to grow/shrink it with a little more control ... in that case switch to the Move Selected Pixel :MoveTool: and with the bounding markers on the corners and midpoint of a relative rectangle of the selection grab a corner and resize it this way.

• Thanks 1

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Selection Tools pdn35icons.RectangleSelectToolIcon.pngpdn35icons.LassoSelectToolIcon.pngpdn35icons.EllipseSelectToolIcon.png are used to make selections on the screen , you Press "S" to get them

Move Selection Tool pdn35icons.MoveSelectionToolIcon.png is used to move the selection itself , Press "M" twice to get it

Move Toolpdn35icons.MoveToolIcon.png is used to edit the selected area , resize it , move it , even rotate it , Press "M" once to get it

Hope this Helps

Ahmed