nitenurse79's Gallery

nitenurse79

Oooohhh...that's some nice work you've got there. Both Torus rings are beautifully done. The texture looks very realistic on the first one and the smooth texture in the second looks awesome. I really like the film strip and the places look like oodles of fun. The image in panels is a great composition. It seems as if each panel is telling a different story. And of course, the first images on your pages are lovely. The pink smiley has a beautiful glow at the bottom of it.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I'm so glad you decided to open a gallery. :) Absolutely love the future PDN logo ( who knows once version 4.0 is out this may be the new site header) and your tut work is very well done especially the images in panels and the concrete torus ring.

Very cool gallery! Almost makes me want to make one of my own...almost ;)

As is customary of me (it's a tradition now xD ), here is some feedback from a friendly critic!

1. For now, go ahead and use plugins to add shadows and highlights. As you progress, however, I would recommend working towards manually adding them, as it gives you more freedom and allows for more realistic lighting effects. (just a general thing to note. Most of what you did here was actually fairly nice)

2. As a note about shadows beneath 3D objects, shadows tend to be sharp in the areas closest to the object--where it touches the surface--and blurry around the end. This is actually a whole lot easier said than done, but it improves 3D images significantly. I've only really gotten it right twice, so I wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

3. There is no third comment =O I just thought three was a good number to have, but I have nothing more to fill it with except this: keep up the great work! The more you practice, the better you will be, the more you'll like it, the easier it gets to practice.

Hoping to see more from you soon!

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Hey NiteNurse - so good to see your own gallery!

I just love the pdn logo. It reminds me of a huge gallery wall that is backlit. Fantastic!

I also love the image in the panels. The image you used is a really good one & the wall colour fits beautifully.

The concrete torus is wonderful!

Your works are really good & I hope we see a lot more from you.

I did not know that PDNNoobabout the shadows & how they "fuzz out" but true, greater control if you do it manually.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Great start NN.

The panels one is done nicely. I actually think I prefer it not being offset from the source image as you've done it. Was somehow more engaging to look into each "window" ...

Good sampling and it seems you have a nice collection of source material from your shutterbug nature to draw on for lots of things moving forward.

And even though the smiley has that one wee artifact at the top, I think that's my favorite right now. Maybe I just needed to smile more this evening, but it is striking.

Keep at it and dont be hesitant to share up works in progress etc.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

I really like how you did Torus #2. It could be used as a logo.

The other ones I like is the image in panels, though I feel the shadow is a bit too strong, and should be a tad bit subtler. Your gallery is off to a fine start.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Great start

I like your shiny gold torus - doesn't look like concrete at all. :D

And love the 'image in panels'.

The fimstrip is nice too, I'll have to find the tut.

Hope to see more.

SloppySig.png

This is a pleasant surprise after being gone for a few weeks. Way to go nitenurse! :lol:

Film Strip and Image in Panels are nicely executed and my favs so far.

The way you've layed out your gallery leads one to appreciate your progress. Thanks for sharing.

All I can say is it's about freakin' time! Nice to see some work from you, nitenurse! Since I'm pretty new to the program and am still learning the ropes, I'll refrain from offering any critiques. Suffice to say, you've got a great sense of artistic composition and as your technical prowess increases, I expect to see great works from you in the future!

I have to say, the panels pic is my favorite. Also, you should consider using the unused sig. Nothing against your current sig, but that one has a wonderful, almost neon sign quality to it.

Keep the work comin', nitenurse! I look forward to seeing much more from you!

nitenurse, you've got a great start to you gallery. I love the paint.net logo, and concrete torus ring, but my fav is the olympic torus rings logo very original. I look forward to the additions in your near and promising future. (Literally, I'm looking forward into the future. It's full of great skill and ideas all your own!)

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

nitenurse, you've got a great start to you gallery. I love the paint.net logo, and concrete torus ring, but my fav is the olympic torus rings logo very original. I look forward to the additions in your near and promising future. (Literally, I'm looking forward into the future. It's full of great skill and ideas all your own!)

ZXCBOoZ.png

I've been doing paint.net for close to 2 years now, but take a look at my gallery and you can see how quickly I progressed once I became a member here on Sept 5th, 2011. Many of my works came from experimenting and trying all the different effects. Take my word for it, you'll be there before you know it! It's not as far to go as you think.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

Nightnurse - Thanks for the link.

I saw this tut months ago and didn't think to bookmark, but you jogged my memory with your filmstrip.

Whoa, you added two pictures already. Like the idea of the Painted image.

Thanks again...

SloppySig.png

Oh goody, now we have a candidate for the WEOMPA.

A big foul mouth will never make up for lack of talent but shows that the user is operating at a low IQ level.

Just noticed you win a sig battle - well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012