Malware in download?

I have a firewall with gateway antivirus/intrusion protection etc. It blocks the download of Paint.net as it identifies "Kraddare.DB_2" as being part of the download. This file is identified by Google search as being known malware. Please clarify if (and why) such a file is included in your product.

Rick

Are you downloading the right thing? Make sure you are clicking on the right download button (you may have to scroll down to see it)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

When I choose the button with the "Download Now, DOTPDN" button, I am taken to the following address:

http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

In the upper right hand corner, there is a link:

Free Download Now:

disk.png Paint.NET v3.5.10

When this link is selected, the download is blocked with the following message:

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert

This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: Kraddare.DB_2 (Adware)

Your antivirus software is giving a false-positive result. Rest assured that the download is fine (but your software is perhaps not).

There is NO malware bundled with Paint.NET.

Question: Do you have an earlier version of Paint.NET installed? If so, just use the Utilities | Check for Updates menu item to do the update.