A way to shadow things?

Basically, all you do is draw darker color where you want the shadow. There really isn't any way to automate shading like that, so you'll just have to do it manually.

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If you're transforming things into regular blocks and cylinders, the shape 3d plugin comes pretty close to that sort of shading. You'll really have to spend time rotating, adjusting the light etc though to get that effect. Not too mention stacking things/blending things together, etc ... This is assuming you're "building" the stuff. If you're just trying to shade something already done, then basically you're learning to draw shadows.

Roughly: work from new layers and based on selections color in an area, blur it, feather it, and then turn down opacity as needed to dial it in and blend that layer in - I'm not sure of a good PDN related tutorial to point to on this. Some of them incorporate doing to to some degree or another ... There are a few other ways but that is one of the easier ways to do it without using custom mini-brushes or lots of shaped gradient work ... (that I know of at least)

Gallery at PDN-Fans

No clue on that one from a fast search. Sorry mate.

Most of the tree and tree like rendering effects come from things like bifurcation if its based on the fractal method of generating it. I've not seen anything that does shadowing based on that sort of thing for PDN in my exploring though.

As an aside, most of the good effects are based on things the raw program can do in multiple steps. Most mind you. Some really are there own thing. And lots of the work done usually has some hidden secret that usually sounds like, "Well, that was 127 layers and 28 hours to create that effect ..." :mrgreen:

Though there are some geniuses around here who never cease to amaze on how to cut that down tremendously or combine steps. Maybe someone else will help out here ... I think I'm still too new to this to be even trying to help out te be fair.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Alright. Thanks.

The below tutorial utilizes Shape 3D (creating a 3D Pill). You may be able to learn some things from it and utilize what your learn from it to get what you want:

http://forums.getpai...medicine-pills/

Also, if you could provide a picture of what you are actually intending to use, that would help us greatly. Or are you creating the picture itself to shade?

Edited by jim100361

The below tutorial utilizes Shape 3D (creating a 3D Pill). You may be able to learn some things from it and utilize what your learn from it to get what you want:

http://forums.getpai...medicine-pills/

Also, if you could provide a picture of what you are actually intending to use, that would help us greatly. Or are you creating the picture itself to shade?

I'm creating what I plan to shade. But the picture gives a good idea (Same website, blocky charactors, ect).

Nos