Blending

Several of my friends have commented on my current sig

HellGridSig6.png

and said that the render (archer guy) is not blended at all with the picture. Since it would be impossible to do now (computer crashed, only had the photobucket file, therefore no layered file...), unless I remade the image, how would I have gone about "blending the render with the background." I've tried various blending modes on seperate images, but it seems evident that those are not what they meant. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 8)

Perhaps they just mean a little feathering? I just don't know.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

I think your sig image looks great! I think the image blends in just fine and I don't see any artifacting whatsoever.

However, if you want to make it better then even though you don't have the PDN, if you still have the original image, then I would use the feather around the edges before merging it. I don't think that plugin was available when you made it.

Again, I think it looks great as-is.

Alright thanks. No, it wasn't unfortunately... :(

I think I may need to redo the whole thing perhaps, but I'm gonna try to get it as close as possible, except for the added feather effect. Oh, and the grid plugin wasn't available then either (or, at least I didn't know about it then) X.X Nor was the gradient tool, though I did have the plugin for it. So, should be much easier this time. Thanks again for the comments! :)

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png