Paint.net 4+: Dockable interface?

Since this is a Windows only program, will Paint.net eventually include a Visual Studio-like interface?

In Visual Studio:

Left:

[ data souces ]

[tool box]

Center:

[ windows form designer ]

Right:

[ solution explorer ]

[ properties ]

Suggestion for paint.net:

Left:

[ history ]

[ layers ]

Center:

[ Image Editor* ]

Right:

[ Image List ]

[ Colors ]

Like Visual Studio; I'm suggesting that these would be moveable and have docking abilities. *The Image Editor would have to be more advance than it is today, in the aspect of being able to scroll past the edge of a image.

Thanks,

Shane.

Yeah I'd love to do something like this at some point. It's just gotta be prioritized with other things.

Even if this does get implemented, it will likely be a very carefully chosen subset of the functionality you see in Visual Studio. If you've seen how Word handles docking of certain "side bars", that's probably more likely, as opposed to a completely generalized "dock, stack, and float in any combination that is mathematically possible".

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well since its being hashed, this is something I would like to have at some point as well. Easy enough to work around it, but it falls for sure in the "would be nice" categories.

Based on what I've seen on the priority list of work being done, and wishing to see a 2012 release of the base 4.x platform, I'm not asking with any priority wishes. :mrgreen:

As a side note there does seem to be another resurgence push in the PC market to get people into multi-mon setups. Sort of the defacto designer setup in a lot of cases as well. Again, just food for thought on the potential use of the feature request.

Thank you.

Gallery at PDN-Fans