Where can I find tutorial on layers?

Hello everyone!

I am new to Paint.Net and it seems to be just the program I am looking for. I have one question though. I have an image that I would like to paste into a layer. I would like to change a photo into a specific size and I would like to use layers. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to work with layers? I looked all over this forum and I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Thanks!

misstheresa2009

As always, have you looked at the help feature of PDN yet? Since you didn't mentioned it specifically, the first recommendation is to start here in regards to layers: PDN Help for Layers.

There are three sections dealing with how to do basic functions with the layers menu.

Resizing an image can be done by going to: Image > Resize from the drop down menus at the top or using CTRL + R.

Pasting into a layer can also be done quickly and the image will resize to the current project size or offer to expand the canvas of the project to accommodate: EDIT > Paste into new layer from the drop down menu or CTRL+SHIFT+V

That should get you started and dont underestimate how much help is available in the actual help file on most of the base features. I'm still revisiting it frequently to clarify this and that and once you know what you want, its easier to understand for all that as well.

Hope this helps.

Gallery at PDN-Fans