'GiMP Native Format' FileType Plugin (.XCF, .XCFGZ, .XCFBZ2)

Yup. With it you can load and save to the native GIMP format.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 1.4 (31.12.2014)

- Fix to support Paint.NET 4.0.5 which is more strict in the order of serialized data.

Thanks for reporting and a Happy New Year.

Still 1 1/2 hours left in Switzerland but I have to hurry up now. cu next year.

Thank you! :)

(I have been able to resurface on the Internet. :D That was a hard few weeks lol.)

• 7 months later...

I don't have v1.4 archived. Anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oops - missed your post Roos. Many thanks for the file. I've added a link to the first post of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 2:15 PM, RoosSkywalker said:

You are in luck, I think.

I still have a copy of the files but I do not know what version. I only know the files are from 2014.

I added a copyright disclaimer in it but since nobody reads readme.txt files I used a little trick from Winrar. ;)

ImXCF.zip

Thanks. I know .DLL is for plugins directory but what does .EXE file do?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26-10-2017 at 6:59 PM, TechnicGeek said:

Thanks. I know .DLL is for plugins directory but what does .EXE file do?

From what I remember, it needed to be placed in the FileTypes folder along with the DLL because the .EXE is needed to run the DLL.

The .PDF plugin for Paint.NET also uses a .EXE in the same way.

Edited by RoosSkywalker
Roos-Skywalker%20close%20up.jpg
  • 2 years later...
Application version: paint.net версія 4.2.11

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase.get_Count()
   at PaintDotNet.Collections.NameValueCollectionExtensions.ToArray(NameValueCollection nameValueCollection) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Collections\NameValueCollectionExtensions.cs:line 24
   at PaintDotNet.Document..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1039
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.SerializationInvoke(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext& context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1436
   at XcfFileTypes.ImXcfFileType.XcfOnLoad(Stream input, Int32 variant)
   at XcfFileTypes.ImXcfFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 526
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Edited by toe_head2001
Removed attachment

I just tested it in 4.2.11 (after downloading Gimp to produce an .xcf file 😜) and I got an error saying it could not find the file.

Meanwhile, whilst I'm here, I will replace the Zip on the first post which is no longer working :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, Pixey said:

the Zip on the first post which is no longer working

I've opened a support ticket with Dropbox to try and find out why my links are failing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I've opened a support ticket with Dropbox to try and find out why my links are failing.

Great, because it makes so much sense to have these in one place :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Dropbox have confirmed my links were banned due to a file containing a suspected virus (the Printit plugin). I have no idea why they didn't notify me when the ban was imposed. I've suggested they issue notifications before banning links in the future.

I've deleted the file & am working to get the ban rescinded.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:26 AM, Rick Brewster said:

That might actually be a bug in the new Paint.NET update. I can fix it pretty easily for 4.2.12, which is coming soon.

Try this hotfix for now: 

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg