RedBeard's Gallery--Bounty on Santa

RedBeard

Quite a few updates since I last looked in.Amazing progress on your techniques.I like that your ideas are a bit outside the box, especially in the photo-manips.Some nice stuff happening here. ;)

Thank you, Dug! I've been inspired by a couple of the works in your gallery. Should have some new stuff up soon.

What? I would've never thought that this were the same person--very alike, but all different. Wow! Seamless, very genuine, and perfect.

Thank you, HELEN! That's exactly the effect I was going for!

By the way, I love your Foliage tut! One thing, though: my Mandelbrot Fractal leaves A LOT of white space when rendered, whereas in your tut, it's mostly black. Is there something I should be doing?

Really well done. Has a great feel to it and the one cross blend is pretty seamless. Only reason I think I see something is I was trying to see something ...

As usual I got caught up looking at everything else in the pick as well. Nice wall art etc. :mrgreen:

Thank you, delpart! There are a couple of things I spotted after the fact, but they're pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. I'll do better in future renderings.

As for the wall art, that was an acrylic piece done by my fiance. She has a wonderful sense of color in her art.

EDIT: After looking at it some more, I noticed some pretty glaring issues.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/1stBass/Multiplicity-2.png

So, I fixed them.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/1stBass/Multiplicityfixed.png

Edited by RedBeard

Amazing work, you were so successful by choosing different figures, now you need to tell us - if you don't mind - what brand is your camera and the settings you have used, I am assuming they were on manual, with a very good/stable tripod unless you have a camera remote.

I just can't find the path of the lasso/gradient , that was the only one you have pointed out ( the couch side), to be honest, I haven't seen that too but saw it after you showed it, but I am not sure if the spot on the carpet by the left man is due to the shadow or lasso cut. Great work RedBread, well done, the best cloning i have seen on this board.

Amazing work, you were so successful by choosing different figures, now you need to tell us - if you don't mind - what brand is your camera and the settings you have used, I am assuming they were on manual, with a very good/stable tripod unless you have a camera remote.

I just can't find the path of the lasso/gradient , that was the only one you have pointed out ( the couch side), to be honest, I haven't seen that too but saw it after you showed it, but I am not sure if the spot on the carpet by the left man is due to the shadow or lasso cut. Great work RedBread, well done, the best cloning i have seen on this board.

Good eye, Yellowman! Yes, the spot on the carpet next to the man on the left is indeed the path of the lasso and not the shadow. Seems I'll have to go back and fix that now. I appreciate you pointing that out.

The camera is an older Fujifilm S5000 on default settings, mounted on a tripod, with my fiance at the trigger.

The thought occurred to me that a cloning picture could have so much life to it with a little effort and forethought. I hope that doesn't come off the wrong way. I'm not impugning anyone else's clone pics, but I wanted to do something a little different.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

By the way, I'm digging your sig.

Edited by RedBeard

I guess I was being to ... hesitant. You fixed two things I noticed and a third I didn't even see as a problem, the shadow ...

That final, final pass is nearly perfect. You're doing a much better job with selections than I've managed so far.

Very true on the idea of making this tut your own. That's what separates the artists from the machine for sure. Reproducing a tutorial is not to be shamed mind you, but learning from the tut is key. Or using the tut as the leap board is better.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

I guess I was being to ... hesitant. You fixed two things I noticed and a third I didn't even see as a problem, the shadow ...

That final, final pass is nearly perfect. You're doing a much better job with selections than I've managed so far.

Very true on the idea of making this tut your own. That's what separates the artists from the machine for sure. Reproducing a tutorial is not to be shamed mind you, but learning from the tut is key. Or using the tut as the leap board is better.

Never hesitate to point out something you see, delpart. Those honest critiques are invaluable to the learning process.

By the way, I love your Foliage tut! One thing, though: my Mandelbrot Fractal leaves A LOT of white space when rendered, whereas in your tut, it's mostly black. Is there something I should be doing?

I tried it, too, and I had a lot of white. I then remembered that there was a reason why I started drawing the shape right at the edge of the canvas. If you're having too much white, that means you're drawing the shape in the middle of the canvas. Try creating the foliage right where I showed in the tutorial--at the top, upper-left. It should work now.

• Upvote 2

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I tried it, too, and I had a lot of white. I then remembered that there was a reason why I started drawing the shape right at the edge of the canvas. If you're having too much white, that means you're drawing the shape in the middle of the canvas. Try creating the foliage right where I showed in the tutorial--at the top, upper-left. It should work now.

Awesome. Thank you, HELEN!

Glad you enjoyed it, BBQ. The difference in focus was an accident, a result of scaling the picture down and stepping it back up with each frame. Once I got to a certain stage, I imported the file again to clear it up.

This is actually a trial for me. I'm wanting to do a motion comic of an original story and I'm exploring my options. I'm not sure the GIF animator I used here is suitable for what I have in mind, though.

Animation is a tough mistress ... Depends on what you're going for. Being the usual animation fan the style can be everything from slideshows or slow dissolves to hyper-realism at more than 24 FPS for the drawn approach.

I liked the adaptation of the BTF Charger as an animation more than the static. Usually I'm put off on gifs ... Mainly because I'm looking for the clay characters to show up for the stop animation feel many of them have.

Will be fun to see some concept art when you're ready to open up that pandorian box.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Animation is a tough mistress ... Depends on what you're going for. Being the usual animation fan the style can be everything from slideshows or slow dissolves to hyper-realism at more than 24 FPS for the drawn approach.

I liked the adaptation of the BTF Charger as an animation more than the static. Usually I'm put off on gifs ... Mainly because I'm looking for the clay characters to show up for the stop animation feel many of them have.

Will be fun to see some concept art when you're ready to open up that pandorian box.

This is actually what I'm going for. I just have to figure out the right program to use that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSIHy0AUAXg

Edited by RedBeard