Firey Text

Tom Jackson

I did this the second time (with the new instructions) and it didn't really work :S. I guess the first instructions were better, but I can't find them anymore...

sig6rj3.png

Not exactly what i thought would happen never the less its still good for backgrounds :)

It's linked to the number of time you applied the clouds effect.

Retry with only one time.

Then retry with only two time!

Use also the level adjustment.

ok then

the last 2 times i did it i used 3 and 2, then i tried once more and did 4, i noticed that the 3rd click goes back to what it first looked like and the 4th click turned back to what it looked like the 2nd time

OK, I tried this yet again. and it didn't work. Tom, the old method was way better! Could you post it again?

EDIT: I tried again and it worked... o.O

sig6rj3.png

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I have a problem reproducing this. I did this by following the instructions vaguely.

fire.png

I cant get it to look as crisp as Toms image though and I cant clear out the areas around the text like in the original image done by Tom.

yeah, thanks for making this, but i still don't understand the clouds layer, can you help me with that? how do i add the clouds? and what is the clouds?

tourqoise.jpg

This was my first attempt. It was no good to color as fire, so I made it into jade/marble instead. I know I left it too bright for some areas, but I cared mainly about how my name looked at the time.

I'm just sharing this because I keep opening it to look at the color.

I don't get it, i don't see any clouds when i do the effect, so how do i know what size to do?

It depends what size text you use. Try it a few different times at different sizes and see what looks good.

While I have been able to make some neat text using this tutorial, I am still struggling to understand this part

(2c.) Repeat it a bunch to get a whispy look

Each time I repeat the clouds effect it seems to me that the entire layer is discarded and reseeded. So for clarification, is the tutorial suggesting that you should:

1. keep reseeding until you arrive at a cloud pattern that results in the desired whispy look, or

2. repeating the clouds effect suppose to progressivly modify the layer until a whispy look is achieved?

wicked it's great :wink:

My first attempt:

Snekacm-gothic.jpg

My second attempt:

Snekacm-fire.jpg

(is cool - kinda neon lol)

My (i think) most successful one so far:

SNekacm-Firetrnsp.png

lol :D

SNekacmbettercolourfulsigpic-1.jpg

@SnekaCM:

I like the second one two. You should reduce the amount of pictures in you sig. Maybe to a reasonable number like one. Also crop the first picture in your signature.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Done :D

if you change the hue of second one 2 red, and put glow effect, would look exactly like neon lol

(liking the 2 posts 8) lol )

EDIT: by the way it's 'i like the second one too', two is the number lol

SNekacmbettercolourfulsigpic-1.jpg