Adding png objects to jpg background?

I have a drawing of a tennis court that I saved as a jpg. I want to add cones with numbers on them to illustrate where to hit the ball to. I saved the cones as png's so I could make the background transparent. I don't understand how to make the clones of the cones and add them to the jpg of the tennis court.

Should I have saved the tennis court as a png file also? The background doesn't need to be transparent.

Is there a tutorial that would help me understand this?

TIA

If you saved your .png cone file without a background, you should be able to Select All, Copy, and Paste the cone into a New Layer over the .jpg background. Open the .png cone file. If it has a white background use the Magic Wand tool to select the background and press the Delete key, then Select All, and Copy. Open or return to the .jpg background file, and click on Edit>Paste in to New Layer. This makes it easier to move the cone around and resize it.

• Upvote 1

If you saved your .png cone file without a background, you should be able to Select All, Copy, and Paste the cone into a New Layer over the .jpg background. Open the .png cone file. If it has a white background use the Magic Wand tool to select the background and press the Delete key, then Select All, and Copy. Open or return to the .jpg background file, and click on Edit>Paste in to New Layer. This makes it easier to move the cone around and resize it.

Thanks, Mindshift. That worked out great!

Chaz