Insert VERY small test

I have had a request to edit an animated gif. I have done so in the past using the agif plugin.

The issue I am having is the text is so small that it gets blurry when I paste it in.

I would like to put GMC on https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DTo0C9g1j6g/TuoGCo3JGtI/AAAAAAAAB7o/aB0AhRxowmQ/s160/blonde%252520bounce.gif to look like this https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Iu36Fisd724/Tunzl6v9PyI/AAAAAAAAB7g/ffOZMD-daGY/s171/yamaha8pk18kwqi9.gif

thanks for any help in advance.

I haven't ever had issues with text of that size, but if it isn't working for you, you may wish to try a different font.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ahh. I didn't realize you were trying to paste in the logo instead of typing it. I think the best way to do this is to paste it in and shrink it, then add a new layer and go over the lines with a brush with low opacity (adjust opacity of brush in the expanded color window).

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I have had a request to edit an animated gif. I have done so in the past using the agif plugin.

The issue I am having is the text is so small that it gets blurry when I paste it in.

I do a lot of cartoon characters in fine line markers or technical drawing pens on printer paper and then scan them into the computer as 2bit black&white bmp files and covert them to svg files so that they can be rescaled to whatever size I need them to be for the various scenes.

I was thinking the you can use svg files for the same purpose. So to get to the point, here is a link to a svg file of the GMC logo: http://en.wikipedia....le:GMC-Logo.svg

You can go to the link, right click and copy the svg file and paste it into PDN and rescale it to your needs. The logo will scaledown fine, but pixellates when scaled up so it is not a true vector graphic.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

Well if you're using svg files, just resize it to small and export as a .png right?

O wait...I didn't realize it was two different people posting xD

PDN actually doesn't work with vector files, but if you open a vector file in something like inkscape or irfanview, you can adjust it to your needs.

O wait...I didn't realize it was two different people posting xD

PDN actually doesn't work with vector files, but if you open a vector file in something like inkscape or irfanview, you can adjust it to your needs.

Thanks for the heads-up. I did not know that PDN did not work with vector graphics. We all are learning here. That may explain why the GMC and Ford logos fell apart when I tried to upscale them. I will do the test again in Inkscape.

Edited by HyReZ

OK, the images are just a little bit much for this forum. We have allowed the links to remain.