Scaling a existing image in ratio

Hi All,

I am a newbie...well more of a lurker. I have used paint.net for small photo touch-ups of my daughters. But now I'm starting a small business and actually starting to use more tools.

I had our logo done by a graphic designer and to save on money I am doing the layouts for ads, flyers, business cards etc. When I copy our logo into a new layer it is super big compared to my canvas size. I cant seem to figure out a way to scale it down in ratio. When I click on the corners it allows me to scale down, but not to ratio. When I select image-resize (Ctrl+R) and do a percentage it cuts off portions of the logo or select by absolute size it wants to change my canvas size.

I'm sure this is a totally dumb question for you guys, but it's making me pull my hair out, LOL

Thank you boltbait.smile.png

While you drag the corner, make sure you hold shift

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You could resize the logo prior to importing with Image > Resize. Make sure that the checkbox "Maintain Aspect Ratio" is checked.

Remember to use File > Save As... to save the reduced size image (you don't want your original to be permanently affected).

More > http://www.getpaint..../ImageMenu.html

Image->Resize won't ever cut anything off.

You may have clicked on Image->Canvas Size.

I think he tried Image->Resize after pasting the large image onto the small canvas.

Image->Resize changes the canvas size, then adjusts everything within the boundaries to fit. If you wish to resize the large image you are pasting, either use image->resize before copying it over or adjust it after by holding shift and dragging the corner.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo