Changing to a new computer.

A few weeks back I bought a new laptop. Naturally the first program I added was PDN. The trouble is , of course , that being a new download it had none of the plug ins that I had installed on the previous laptop and I had the tedious task of going through my plug in file (I keep all the dll`s in a folder so I can pick and choose what to have in PDN) and installing all the ones I used into the new copy of PDN.

I was wondering if it is possible just to make a copy of the Effects folder in the first PDN, deleting the new Effects folder in the new program and replacing it with the Effects folder containing all my installed plug ins? Or is there another way to manage all my plug ins to make the transition to a new computer a bit easier?

Unfortunately I had to send the new one back, but if I were to buy another new one it would be handy if I didn`t have to go through the same rigmarole.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I was wondering if it is possible just to make a copy of the Effects folder in the first PDN, deleting the new Effects folder in the new program and replacing it with the Effects folder containing all my installed plug ins?

Yes

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I have Paint.Net installed on two computers, personal and work. On my work computer I only use it for quick editing, mostly for presentation graphics and sometimes for some photo resizing and croping.

I do most of my playing around, experimenting and learning on my personal computer. I also do all the downloading and installing plugins on my personal computer. Every once in a while, I just copy my "Effects", "File Types" and "Paint.NET User Files" folders from my personal computer and paste/replace to my work computer. It's as simple as that. So much so, that I do not even bother to check if anything has really changed since I did it last.

Xkds4Lh.png