HyReZ

Art by APMauldin @ HyReZ grafx

Salutations and Greetings,

Since I retired from teaching visual arts in August of 2011, I have spent my time learning how to use graphic design software tools.

I have discovered that Paint.Net is one of the best, and certainly the cheapest graphic design software for my purposes.

I am sharing with you all, a body works that I have created mainly with Paint.Net:

My_Digital_Grafx
http://photos.apmauldin.com/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=4854783&ci=42242

Phun_Photos

http://photos.apmauldin.com/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=4854790&mt=Photo&ci=42242

Pixabay
https://pixabay.com/en/users/apmauldin-471034/

Spoonflower

https://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/hyrez?sub_action=designs

Edited by HyReZ
Added content.

Hello 'HyReZ', welcome!

Great images - looks like you know what you're doing ;).

My only slight criticism would be that they're too symmetrical. However, I think that's the nature of computer art and something I'm guilty of too.

I look forward to seeing more.

Hello 'HyReZ', welcome!

Great images - looks like you know what you're doing ;).

My only slight criticism would be that they're too symmetrical. However, I think that's the nature of computer art and something I'm guilty of too.

I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for viewing and offering a gentle critique. I am learning the layering and plugin in tools and I promise that my next attempts will show more versility.

Peace!

For a few minutes there, I thought I was in Paradise of Color. Such superb and vibrant colors. The different designs are just so creative! Maybe make the images as thumbnails because it loads a little slowly, but otherwise, I like LOVE your work.

Edited by HELEN

Love the Glass Containment one & the Optic Victory Target ones. The Mayan one has a great texture. I love the vibrancy of the colour & the smoothness of your images but they took like forever to download.

Welcome to the forum & it was a real treat for the eyes to see your gallery. Well done!

I just soooooo love your " Complex Geometry Realm " the colors, the depth it's amazing! I, and I think I may write "we", would love to see more of your art :)

Love the Glass Containment one & the Optic Victory Target ones. The Mayan one has a great texture. I love the vibrancy of the colour & the smoothness of your images but they took like forever to download.

Welcome to the forum & it was a real treat for the eyes to see your gallery. Well done!

I am learning how the forum works and I will grt it together very soon. I will learn how the get the image size and thumbnail thing in order. thank you for the feedback.

For a few minutes there, I thought I was in Paradise of Color. Such superb and vibrant colors. The different designs are just so creative! Maybe make the images as thumbnails because it loads a little slowly, but otherwise, I like LOVE your work.

Thanks for your kind comment. I will work on how to make and post the thumbnails for next time.

I am working on the file size issues. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I just soooooo love your " Complex Geometry Realm " the colors, the depth it's amazing! I, and I think I may write "we", would love to see more of your art :)

The orginal layout started with only 2 colors ( #00e2fc and #000000 ) but after all of the adjusments and manipulations it expanded to 1766 color values. I did not realize this until I did a color count of the design a few minutes ago. I am trying to do one design each day. I hope to get to the level og the works that I have seen around this place. Thanks!

Edited by HyReZ

Very nice!

I see you like the tiles effect. There are many uses to it.

I hope to see more of your work!

I do like the "Tiles effect" and I have used them a bunch. I am learning how to get more etheral, smokey, and liquid effects that I like also but currently lack the skill to effectively produce.

Greetings All,

I was able to correct for the long downloads by converting to the the thumbnails as the viewers to this post insisted. It was a good workout. I was able to put them on my web host and not depend on other sources.

Thanks to all again, you were very supportive and instructive. I am liking this forum a bunch!

Peace,

APMauldin

a.k.a "HyReZ"

since 1992

Hey thought I'd leave a comment here as well.

I really like your 2nd picture. It looks simple but has a nice feel to it.

The last one is really good as well. As thumbnail it looks stunning but the original is not sharp enough in the middle. Unfortunately I don't quite know what you can do against it.

Hey thought I'd leave a comment here as well.

I really like your 2nd picture. It looks simple but has a nice feel to it.

The last one is really good as well. As thumbnail it looks stunning but the original is not sharp enough in the middle. Unfortunately I don't quite know what you can do against it.

Greetings Tee,

The two designs that you commented on as well as may of my other designs are inspired by the prolific works of Victor Vasarely. He never use the tech that we use but was able to achieve a level of mastery that I can't touch. They have several of his works at the Cleveland Museum of Art. I used to teach a unit on Op Art before I retired and used many images of Vasarely's works as examples for the students.

As for the pixellation that occurred in my last design, it can be improved by creating a virtual transparent glass orb in my 3D raytracing software and superimposed over the original grid layer that I made in PDN. It would not be pure to the purposes here, but many of the designs that I produce in PDN are saved to be used as backgrounds for other projects Check this one out: " HyReZ Glass Ripple Field #38 " . I stopped using stock backgrounds when I found out about PDN. By the way your works are really good.

Edited by HyReZ

Nice colourful works to look at to brighten up a cold, wet windy winters night :)

My 2 faves are Orb Spectrum Perspective and Glass Block Containment. Very cheery pieces

Nice start to your gallery and looking forward to seeing more :)

Okay, I'm really digging all of your work, but I'm particularly fond of "Complex Geometry Realm". Maybe because when I look at it, I think of Tron, which is one of my favorite movies.

Keep 'em coming, sir. I look forward to seeing more.