Jaxon's Gallery of Finger Paintings

Jaxon

Helen, you are wicked. Yep, doable...hint - Galaxy tute is a good start.

Lovely texture in the wood & a great warm colour & shine to the wood. What I'd like to see is the marble even glossier, hence the hint to direct you to the Galaxy tute since it has a great way to do the shine or even one of the glass ball tutes like this

But again the texture is amazingly good on the wood. Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@ jim100361 - Thank you.

@ HELEN - Oh, that's a great idea! Thanks. Even though my first attempt at your glossy galaxy ball tute sucked sewage water,

I accept your challenge. Yep... Got me some practicing to do.

@barbieq25 - Much obliged to you for the tutorial hints. You know, I think you're right about the marble needing more gloss. It's interesting how easily some details get over looked while staring at your drawing for hours on end. Anyway, thanks for the accolades.

@welshblue - Yes, Helen's challenge is a great idea. A see through marble would be like... Most Excellent! Thanks for your positive input.

Jaxon, I like the colours you used in this. The shapes & flow remind me of Dali's work. I really like it a lot esp, the red/orange part & how you've put a space image in the background. Very cool.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

My hubby has quals in art too as well as teaching. He told me that once you know the rules you can break them. I think I missed a step :lol:

Hmmm...I listen but not always. He also said that art is a journey that is personal & selfish by necessity. Very true.

Finger painting - now that is definitely not easy to do with PDN. Like an oxymoron.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

:lol: You have to know what the rules are so that when you break them you know that you have broken a rule (or 3 or 4) & which ones... :lol:

Welshy, what would be the fun of breaking rules that you didn't know you were breaking? :PB) B) :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Finger painting - now that is definitely not easy to do with PDN. Like an oxymoron.

Funny you'd mention that since that's how I describe the stag I'm in with my use of PDN right now ... If I had a touch pad I think I would have done it to some degree already just to make that claim ...
:mrgreen:

@Jaxon: Love the abstract and the marble works. Great use of tutorial mash-ups. Thanks for sharing them.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for not responding sooner - got side tracked with work, the honey-do list and a selfish personal journey with PDN. :/

Great textures ... and a great choice of colours. Abstracts aren't always easy, but a fitting image to a great title

I only pretend to listen to my wife, she's my harshest critic but shes got the art qualification. So I've got to show willing ...

(1.) Thanks Welsh - Your time devoted to this forum is most appreciated. :star: :star: :star: :star:

(2.) I'm still my worst critic in my attempts at art, but when it comes to wordsmithing my wife has the qualifications. So it sounds like your art will keep improving

as will my writing, wether I want it to or not. :|

My hubby has quals in art too as well as teaching. He told me that once you know the rules you can break them. I think I missed a step

Hmmm...I listen but not always. He also said that art is a journey that is personal & selfish by necessity. Very true.

(1.) Up till now I've always felt the rules of art are antiquated and would interfere with an artists creative freedom. The online research I've done so far has caused

me to rethink my position. Looks like I need to learn these rules so I can feel extra wicked when I break them. Your time devoted to this forum is most appreciated as well barbieq. :star: :star: :star: :star:

(2.) Admittedly my wife's finger painting remark torqued my jaws a bit. After thinking about it for awhile, I came to the conclusion that technically she is right. I use a mouse and keyboard... So yes, I like to create finger paintings on my computer. You got a problem with that? :lol: :lol:

@Jaxon: Love the abstract and the marble works. Great use of tutorial mash-ups. Thanks for sharing them.

You're welcome delpart and thanks for taking the time to check out my gallery of finger paintings. :D

Art by its very nature is necessarily selfish. Never feel bad about any time you spend in artistic endeavours.

My pleasure to be in your company B)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I think you do shiny really well... I know that sounds goofy. :P

Purple Globe is my favorite - I like the glassy look of it.

Your marbles (both pics) look like some of the old ones I have.

Puzzle Box is just lovely.

Very nice collection - let's see more.

SloppySig.png

@ barbieq - Once again thank you; the feeling is mutual. :D:wine:

@ doughty -

I think you do shiny really well... I know that sounds goofy.
It doesn't sound goofy at all, it sounds like a very nice compliment. For that, I thank you. B)

Appreciate you stopping by and glad you found a favorite. :)

• 3 weeks later...

@ Helen - The following is my simplistic answer to your challenge posted on December 21, 2011 (page 2, post #29). :)

crystalfolderal.th.png

Crystal Folderal

There is so much more for me to learn about this subject and I fully intend to pursue your challenge further. Thanks for the nudge. B)

:| I thought rules were made to be broken ...

Nah. Rules weren't made to be broken, they were made to show us how stubborn and self-willed we are in breaking them.;)

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

@ barbieq25 - Each time I post something new, you're usually the first one to lend words of

praise, encouragement, sage advice or all of the above. I just can't thank you enough for being

there and paying it forward. :star: :star: :coffee: :coffee:

@ Helen - You just made my week! After reading what you wrote I had a Vector moment (Despicable

Me) shouting, Oh Yeah! Thank you ever so much for the glowing review and for challenging me to

work outside my comfort zone. :star: :star: :star:

@ NMD21 - Thanks for dropping by. :)

@ dug - No apologies necessary... I am honored you took the time to visit and appreciate your

words of encouragement. Thank you. B)

@ delpart - Many thanks. B) My initial intent was to use the same background as my Marble N Wood

piece. Spent more hours than I care to admit trying to get the glass ball and shadow to out shine

all that wood. I was quite pleased with the outcome after coming to the following conclusions.

1.) If it ain't working, you're forcing it.

2.) Sniveling about it dosen't help.

3.) Applying the Keep It Simple Simon method works 99% of the time, with a 1% chance that your

piece will turn out looking like something that came out of the north end of a south bound horse. :P