Clone stamp with soft edge

HiDesert

Hi folks,

I've been using Paint.NET for a month or two now, and overall I'm very pleased. I've installed a plugin or two, and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting. But one problem is bugging me, and I can't seem to figure out how/if Paint.NET has a way to meet this need.

I want to be able to use the clone stamp tool with a soft edge rather than a sharp dividing line. I was thinking this might be doable with a custom brush, but after a bit more reading, I don't think it can. Is there a way to clone with a soft/feathered edge?

Thanks!

you could try with a lower oppacity on your primary color -- adjust to taste or make multiple passes to get where you need

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

I KNOW there was a tutorial on how to do this pinned somewhere earlier...did someone unpin a bunch of tutorials recently?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo