Blending imported object bckground

Hi ya...

I try to shoot all my pics same light, etc. I want to paste all my designs on this uniform towel (no background)

As you can see the square pasted on with basketball is on the same cloth but looks unmatched.

Any suggestions on how I could blend/edit it in with the towel, keeping basketball & Kyle the same? Or should I try doing something else?

See attached. Loving learning this software : ) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

post-52351-132122655942_thumb.jpg

See how the towel has folds and ripples in it? These show up in your image as grey gradients. The label is flat and appears to be laid over the towel.

My suggestion is to try matching the folds and ripples in the towel to the pink square. To do this, try using the Displacement and Alpha plugin.

See how the towel has folds and ripples in it? These show up in your image as grey gradients. The label is flat and appears to be laid over the towel.

My suggestion is to try matching the folds and ripples in the towel to the pink square. To do this, try using the Displacement and Alpha plugin.

Thank you for the genius suggestion. Its very subtle the displacement, but I think I added it ok. I watched the video on how to use.

See attached. Any other suggestions on how to improve this photo, are always welcome!

I think the bottom of the towel needs more work in feather and AA. Also need to brighten up the black flower.

post-52351-13213072452_thumb.jpg

You've made a very nice job of the displacement. Now that part of the image looks 100% part of the towel boltbait.cool.png

To clean up the edges, first I need to ask if you have the towel isolated on it's own layer (assuming a white background layer is used to produce the final image above)?

If this is the case then try AA's Assistant from dpy's plugin pack. Running the plugin over the towel layer would be my first choice to smooth the edges.

If the towel is on the same layer as the white background, then delete the white surround using the magic wand tool pdn35icons.MagicWandToolIcon.png to select the white and press the delete key to remove it. Do this prior to using the plugin.