CAD Type Dimensions Tool

plutonash

Gotta say Paint.net is a great bit of kit!

One thing I have been looking for in such software is a tool that works just like a CAD dimensions tool. You know, the one that puts in the arrows, lines and dimensions on a tech drawing. You select the tool, click at the start point and drag it out to the end point. You then edit the default dimension text.

Would it be possible to create such a tools as a plugin for Paint.net? Would you be willing to add it to your software?

It would be ideal for eBay sellers.

Thanks

Thanks for answering so soon. This is the sort of thing I mean.

fb_1_sbl.JPG

This was done with a freeware tool called PowerDraw.

http://www.download.com/3000-20-10524100.html

When installed, the tools are about 3/4 of the way down in the tools to the left. If you hover over them they are called DimLines.

It would a very useful tool.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Umm, if you want it to do the actual measuring, that would be pretty hard, if not impossible with the coding used I believe.

Basically you want a line tool I assume.

Press O, and you get your line tool, click once, then hit control D so you dont use the bezier curve and make a curved line.

To watermark, all you have to do is take your image, import it into the image you want watermarked, and lower the layer's opacity.

ravennm3.png

The tool is a CAD tool really. It doesn't need to measure the distance on the image. What it does is, it allows you to click a start point, drag-out the dimensions lines/arrows/text and click an end point. You then manually edit the text part to suit. The best way to get the idea is to download PowerDraw and play around.

Thanks for your help.

That sounds a lot like a vector to me.... You can draw a line, circle or whatever. Then use the same tool to change the direction or add more points to it. Then you can select the curve vector function that can allow you to curve parts of the vector...

Sig2.jpg

Draw arrows is in the list (not for 3.0, for beyond) if it's what you want.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I have done a very quick (and poor) video to give an idea of what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZxPqzeRYQw

I don't know if it is something the Paint.net guys can use but the following is available from the PowerDraw guys:

PowerCAD is designed to provide an editor-like drawing area to handle drawings in your applications. The main idea behind the concept is the need for CAD modules in the software applications industry. Most engineering, multimedia or industrial applications need a CAD module embedded with in itself to provide the user a visual simulation. However, even to provide a satisfaction with a very basic and simple CAD environment, you still need a huge mathmetical CAD nucleus. So most applications do not include CAD modules, instead they suggest their customers to use famous expensive CAD tools in the market.

PowerCAD technelogy is developed to provide the application programmers a reuasable object library to develop CAD modules for their applications easily. With the PowerCad component you can make a 2D CAD editor with almost no code. However if you take it more professional, by some more code you can make very flexible customization for your environment. Powercad can bu used as VCL in Delphi and as OCX in VisualBasic and any other tool.

http://www.tekhnelogos.com/powercadindexEn.html