Sign in to follow this  
jim100361

Jim100361 - My Stuff

How much cleverer can this get?! This is such an awesome idea. REALLY amazing! I know someone will point out some suggestions, but for me, it's just perfect.

Thanx Helen, I appreciate it.

Here are the next pieces:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/CantaLibra/OilPainting.png

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/CantaLibra/SteedInTheNight.png

I don't know what this pic is supposed to say, but I thought they went well together:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/CantaLibra/HouseChaplin.png

Edited by jim100361

Such creative ideas! You composed each of them beautifully. I like the mutual painting image-reminded me of Norman Rockwell.

I don't know what this pic is supposed to say, but I thought they went well together:

A tribute to 2 great British actors ? It's quite uncanny how natural they look together. (Charlie's feet need a bit of Feather. Or a bit less Blur on the shadow ;))

Glad WB bumped this I thought I had made comment ...

Oilpainting has a nice aspect to it. Just not sure why my eyes dont like the blend. The concept is really well done though. Just my eyes again.

The House comparison is wonderful. On many levels the writers probably are more than a little influenced by this other legendary example from comedy's past. Reflections in time on what people find funny maybe and tons of other direct comparisons of the two can speak volume you dont need to on it's behalf. ;)

Oil painting has a nice aspect to it. Just not sure why my eyes dont like the blend. The concept is really well done though. Just my eyes again.

I'm glad it's not just me ...

Agreed about the great concept too

First of all: Nice gallery: My favorate so far is the laptop and puzzle image. Nicely done. I also like the idea of the mutual painting but i think it still needs some work. (the womans hair for example). maybe making the woman a bit smaller and putting her closer to her painting would make it more balanced.

Edited by Rockandroll

Here's my latest endeavor:

GeorgeReevesSupermanColored2.png

GeorgeReevesSupermanColored3.png

As you can see from the enlarged image, I had a bit of a tough time breaking it into layers (some small gaps in the colored layers).

LOL didn't notice the change in the reflection till I read barbies post " how observant am I ? " great idea for a manip and very well done :) as is the clone one.

The photo with the many of you is sooooo stunning! I really like the lighting because it makes the photos look seamless. Oh, and I had a kick out of the toothpaste one. Sometimes I wonder if my reflection does that to me. :)

The latest 2 are very clever and well executed ... the teeth brushing one is genius.

How do you think of these things ?

How do you think of these things ?

Warped sense of humor? Actually, I'd like to think that they're much like a joke. They're not really anything special unless delivered correctly, and that's all I attempt to do, deliver them properly. They're not really original anyways - like the mirror vs the Scope commercials of years past.

Anyways, in the next pic I thought I'd attempt to put a silver lining in an otherwise sad set of circumstances.

PAFloodingFlamingo.png

Edited by jim100361

This is such a great idea! I think that the flamingo might be a little big compared to the traffic light sign in the front, but it looks superb as is.

Oh Jim! I looked at this & thought, "He's posted up a photo of floodwater, must've had too much rain in his area." Took me a while to realise that the flamingo didn't belong there! Seamless work, Jim. Well done.

This is such a great idea! I think that the flamingo might be a little big compared to the traffic light sign in the front, but it looks superb as is.

Dunno, I don't know how tall the birds can be. However, if it helps your perspective a bit, the actual legs break w/the water about the point where the darker waves end and the lighter shade starts. That puts it approx mid-way between the traffic light post and the sign for the traffic light (which is normally, I believe, 100 ft distance). This puts the flamingo about 50' closer to the camera than the traffic light. All that said though, I revert back to what I originally stated, I don't know how tall they are in real life.

But, I do thank you and Barbie for the compliments.

Edited by jim100361

Warped sense of humor?

... I can relate to one of those.

The only way to get through the insanity of the world we live in.

Some interesting and wacky ideas you have got going.Photo-manip seems to be your forte.Love the flamingo.