Merging or Layering A picture into a QR Code - Need HELP ASAP>>

I am new to all this. I have my QR Codes and wanted to imbed, merge or layer pictures behind them and still have them usable.

I was also wanting to change the colors of parts of my QR code.

I have attached a picture of my hotel and that is what i wanted to layer behind my QR Code...is this possible??

Can someone please help. I am all over the place in trying to figure this out.

Thank you!!!

Edited by MichaelSAHotel

Michael,

Welcome to the Forums! You'll notice that this forum is for publishing tutorials only. Since this isn't a tutorial you're publishing, I'm going to shunt this thread over to the General Discussions forum.

It's possible, but would the QR code still work if you did it?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I am new to all this. I have my QR Codes and wanted to imbed, merge or layer pictures behind them and still have them usable.

I was also wanting to change the colors of parts of my QR code.

I have attached a picture of my hotel and that is what i wanted to layer behind my QR Code...is this possible??

Can someone please help. I am all over the place in trying to figure this out.

Thank you!!!

Yes sir. I have seen it done..i just need my hotel picsture to be very faint in the background. OR if i could learn to change the colors of certain parts of the QR code that would be ok too..

1. Place the hotel and QR images on separate layers. If necessary, shift the hotel layer below the QR code.

2. Click on the QR image layer to activate it.

3. Select the magic wand tool pdn35icons.MagicWandToolIcon.png and click on the white area around the QR image with the shift key held down.

4. Press delete (removes the white surround from the QR so the hotal should show through).

5. Click on the Hotel layer to activate it and then press F4. Lower the opacity slider to wash out the image. NB you might need another layer below the hotel image layer to act as a contrasting background - Create a new layer pdn35icons.MenuLayersAddNewLayerIcon.png and fill it with white.

6. File > Save . Save the image as a *.pdn file (to preserve the layer structure).

7. File > Save As.... Save as whatever image type you need (image will be flattened - destroying the layer structure)