How to Install Plugins ×

'Portable Document Format' FileType Plugin (.PDF)

midora

Need help help having problem paint net open pdf file, my pc is window 10

Application version: paint.net 4.2.8

System.Exception: Module could not be loaded.

at OptionBasedFileTypes.OpenFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 512

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

How to fix?

As above. Uninstall ghostscript 9.27 and install 9.26.

If that doesn't work, post back here. Good luck 😀

I install ghostscript 9.26 same unable open pdf file

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 512

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

😭

Show us the contents of your Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder (post a screenshot so we can id the files in it).

Installation instructions from the first post in this thread:

Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder.

You have missed this step 😉

Same problem, use paint net save pdf file is ok. Use paint net to open pdf file can not.

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

problem.jpg

@yeebutton

You have placed the OptionBasedLibrary files into the wrong folder.
It should be placed into paint.net folder not the FileType folder.

It works for me!

BTW:

Make sure that Ghostscript 9.27 is removed from the gs folder and that Ghostscript 9.26 is placed there.

Edited by HyReZ

7 hours ago, HyReZ said:

You have placed the OptionBasedLibrary files into the wrong folder.

Incorrect. That's where the plugin author said to put them. Read the first post.

@yeebutton have you set the environment variable? See this post

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/22863-portable-document-format-filetype-plugin-pdf/?do=findComment&comment=362054

Serious security flaws were identified in Ghostscript version 9.26 back some time ago

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-10846/product_id-36469/version_id-275939/Artifex-Ghostscript-9.26.html

Can we expect the plugin files to be updated accordingly in order to support the newer Ghostscript versions?

Edited by jbionic

1 hour ago, jbionic said:

Can we expect the plugin files to be updated accordingly in order to support the newer Ghostscript versions?

No, that's not expected. Martin has been offline for some time now.

1 hour ago, jbionic said:

Serious security flaws were identified in Ghostscript version 9.26 back some time ago

Yes, but luckily you won't be affected by any of those, if you just use Ghostscript via this plugin.  If you're using the older version for other things, be careful!

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

OptionBasedLibrary files I put in program > paint net or program > paint net > file type also same problem I can't use paint net open pdf file.

I install new version Ghostscript 9.50 paint net can not open pdf file, I uninstall 9.50, install Ghostscript 9.26 also same problem. 

😭I really did not know which part went wrong. 😭

22 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Incorrect. That's where the plugin author said to put them. Read the first post.

I have read the post as well as the readme file that is in the imPDF compressed folder.
I am also stating what is working for me!

I have no trouble using the PDF read/write plugin for Paint.NET and I have the OptionBasedLibrary files in the paint.net folder

and the other files of this plugin in the FileTypes folder.
My question, as is yeebutton, why is my set up is working form me and no setup seems to be working for them.

BTW I also have version 7 of the OptionBasedLibrary files in the paint,net folder.

@Ego Eram Reputo

I put Paint.NET on another computer and copy and pasted the OptionBasedLibrary files from my DropBox  to the FileTypes folder as per documentation and works there too as indicated.

@yeebutton

Maybe the the ImPDF.Open.FileType.dll is damaged and needs to be removed and replaced?

Edited by HyReZ

• 2 months later...

Thanks @Djisves.

Those are the versions linked in the first post. I've refreshed the link text to correctly reflect the version number & release date.

Odd. They were there yesterday. Honest 😀

I'll have another look tomorrow.

I'm looking into the Dropbox issue. I'll attach the relevant files to the first post in this thread later today.

Looks like Dropbox has fixed itself. The links are now working without me doing anything. How strange.

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Looks like Dropbox has fixed itself. The links are now working without me doing anything. How strange.

I too am seeing the 404 status code.  Perhaps you can access the files, because you're logged into your Dropbox account.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab