How to Install Plugins ×

'Portable Document Format' FileType Plugin (.PDF)

midora

Change flagged. Thank you for the correction.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what registry value that the plugin use to detect the Ghostscript? I'm using a unofficial PortableApps.com package of Paint.NET, and I don't want to install Ghostscript on the system. However, I already have the portable version of Ghostscript. I tried to add registry value manually in HKCU\Software\GPL Ghostscript\9.22 and HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\GPL Ghostscript\9.22, but still no success, it shows that i don't have 64 bit version of Ghostscript installed

8 minutes ago, Andhika24kd said:

Does anyone know what registry value that the plugin use to detect the Ghostscript?

You are using the wrong registry hive. The plugin is checking in LocalMachine, not CurrentUser.

Specific keys it looks at are 'GS_DLL' and 'GS_LIB'.

That's all the help you're going to get with this. If you can't figure it out, you'll just have to install Ghostscipt.

12 minutes ago, Andhika24kd said:

I'm using a unofficial PortableApps.com package of Paint.NET

Where did you find that package?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks for the quick reply, will surely to try it later... Yeah, I already know about the GS_DLL and GS_LIB, my mistake is that I'm using HKCU intead of HKLM

16 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Where did you find that package?

I got it from ThumbApps.org, the latest version is 4.0.20, but you can update it to 4.0.21 by replacing the app files manually. I suggest not to continue talking about it, as it misleading the topic of this thread

I'm not sure what has happened. This plugin used to work for me. I haven't used it in a while, and when I tried to save a picture as a pdf, I no longer have the option. I have: 

• paint.net 4.0.21, 
  • OptionBasedLibrary v0.6.dlc and OptionBasedLibrary v0.6.dll in program files/paint.net folder
  • ImPDF.Open.FileType.dlc and ImPDF.Open.FileType.dll in program files/paint.net/filetypes folder
  • installed gs9.22

Sorry I know that's rather vague. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the plugin, Martin. It definitely makes a difference in using paint.net!

I'm still wondering if there's a way around the fact that paint.net imports pixels and not editable text.
A lurked through discussions but found nothing... maybe I was using the wrong keywords.

NB: I'm quite a noob to this. ;)

Hi @punktuation

Did you know that if you copy your text to the clipboard - Then use the text tool in paint - You can paste? CTrl-V will do it.

Before you press enter you have one chance to edit it at this point. Once you press "enter" or "finish" the text is turned into a graphic.

B)

Edited by AndrewDavid

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Enter key does not work with the text tool to commit to the canvas. It adds a linefeed/carriage return ;)

• 7 months later...

I would very much like to use this plugin. I've never tried it before. When I try to open a pdf file I get the error message: There was an error while opening file.

I have tried both the recommended combination paint.net 4.0.5 with Ghostscript 9.11 and the newest paint.net 4.1.1 with the newest Ghostscript 9.25

Clicking Show Details gives the error messages:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at OptionBasedFileTypes.OpenFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

and

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

• 3 weeks later...

Recently updated Paint.net to v4.13.

I installed the PDF plugin v1.4 and received an error when trying to save a .PSD and TIF file as a PDF.

-Save Configuration
 ImPDF FileType Plugin v1.4
 ImPDF Command Executable: n/a

I checked the root paint.net folder and found the ImPDF.Command.exe file. I deleted and reinstalled from the v1.4 zip, restarted and tried again. I checked to make sure it was unlocked. Same error.

I am assuming it is not finding the .exe file because it is looking for it in the C: drive and my Win7/paint.net folder is on my F: drive, but not sure. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks

PDF Error.PNG

• 5 months later...

First of all I would like to say that this plugin made my workflow much faster. I am trying to export an image as a pdf but the 24bit color depth it is just too much for me. I am looking for something that make the pdf files smaller, 4 bits for me would do it. Is there any possibility to do that with this plugin?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Adalberto

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Portable Document Format' FileType Plugin (.PDF)

But when i try to import a pdf to edit it i'm getting this error.

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Anyone know how to fix this?

25 minutes ago, Marty Dieckmeyer said:

Sounds like it might be an issue with the PDF file.

Are you able to share the PDF file with us, so we can investigate?

Several people have reported the same issue, but none of them have supplied a PDF file.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

• Like 1

bp-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

This plugin is very helpful indeed, but I wish it could, in addition to rendering PDF pages as bitmaps, also extract bitmap images from PDF files, like pdfimages from XPDF can.

• 3 months later...

Hm. I'm sure I had this working on a previous laptop, but just can't make it go currently. I've installed the "slightly older" version of ghostscript as suggested, but still showing the same error whenever I try to open any PDF file:

Application version: paint.net 4.2.1

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 482

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Any suggestions?

- Doriima

Did you uninstall GhostScript v9.27 before installing the older v9.26? They copy into the same gs folder and I think that the newer version is still trying to load the PDF into Paint.NET.

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1